Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter?
Quote | Reply
So I think other than those who are doing Kona, everyone's seasons are wrapped up for the most part (maybe some shorter races or runs here or there - except you crazy fall marathoners... Karen, I'm looking at you :P)? Anyone else want to take off some pounds in the next few months to help get ready for next season?

The last time I was really successful at losing the extra pounds I did a mini Biggest Loser with a co-worker at the gym I was managing. Other than the fact that she did really terrible (she looked fantastic when she started anyways lol), I lost the weight and was the fastest I've been as an adult. I'd love to put something like that together again if any of you womens are interested!!

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So I think other than those who are doing Kona, everyone's seasons are wrapped up for the most part (maybe some shorter races or runs here or there - except you crazy fall marathoners... Karen, I'm looking at you :P)?
Hey, don't forget the crazy ones who will be going to Tempe in November for IMAZ!!!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man I totally forgot about that! My bad! Well, those one's should be all cut and hot anyways, no? ;)

Quote | Reply
hummm, no!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I"m in.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [lkkowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent. So that's two of us. Anyone else? Bueller?

Quote | Reply
IMFL.

After that, I'm in. Well, right after that, I'm eating. Some time after the eating, I'm in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fall, winter, spring, summer; I'm always wanting to lose pounds. Am I trying? No. Should I try, yes. I have 6 months until the big 4-0 and 11 months until IMC.

Me and my fat ass are in.

What are the rules?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am totally in! I lost a bunch of weight last year & year before and gained 1/3 of it back this year. I need support!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Blech, I'm 10lbs over where I want to be. If I lose 8 I'm cool with that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!!! I just signed up for IMLou, so I need to lose at least 10 lbs before heavy training!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [lwalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright womens. Sounds like some of us would like to start this asap while other need to start it a little later. Those of you without races (AZ or FL, etc.: jenhs, minnipearl, QRgirl, lkkowski, lwalsh, and any others that may come along), are you wanting to get going asap or do you want to wait a couple months for the other womens? I think we could always get one started and have another start later one for other womens. What should we do?

As for rules, I'm writing them down right now.

Quote | Reply
Always interested in hearing what others are doing for optimum race weight. Would love to be in for this one

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll want to be in right after thanksgiving. All the cake and beer I'll be eating in that 6 week period between Kona and Turkey day need to be lost :-)

I suggest the rule of NO CAKE ALLOWED (unless it's your birthday)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I suggest the rule of NO CAKE ALLOWED (unless it's your birthday)
Seriously, you are the worst cake nazi ever :P

Quote | Reply
I'm totally in. I'm down 9 pounds so far and have at least 5 more to go; but hopefully 10. R U going to PM all of us or are we going to do things here?

Good times on trimming the fat together! :)

Quote | Reply
I would like to start now well not RIGHT now but very soon. Like tomorrow. Well, Monday.

And no-cake rule makes sense but: what if it's someone ELSE'S birthday? :-) Can I have just one bite?

This is feeling motivating already! Sort of like a mini-weight watchers. I will follow any "rules" set out but might prefer not broadcasting my actual weight number. I will be happy to say whether I lose, how much, how much I want to lose, if I don't lose but gain, bla bla bla, but...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rules: (and feel free to suggest others or disagree with these ones)

- Starting weight does not have to be disclosed, unless you are comfortable doing so, but a goal (ie: want to lose 10lbs) should be disclosed.
- Weigh in and report will be every Monday. This can be at any time on Monday, but has to be done Monday.
- You can weigh yourself everyday for your own personal tracking if that suits you, but only Monday weigh-ins are tracked by the group.
- You may use a nutritionist/dietitian/diet plan if you so wish, BUT no "aggressive diets" (cleanses, starving, Atkins... you know, and I don't think you guys would go this route anyways)

I think that's it for rules. Now if I may make a suggestion for everyone though, take a picture of yourself before you get going and then when you hit your target. It's not for any of us, it's for you. You never know too, once you reach your goal you may want to start flaunting your before and after pics!
I'm also thinking that people can join us in this journey whenever they want. It can just be an ongoing thing for everyone to take part in. Maybe in the New Year once we've passed that horrible holiday period, we can get an actual contest of sorts going. It all just depends on what we do to ourselves during that time haha.

So, I'm in for Monday. minniepearl is in for Monday. Who else?

Oh, and I'm thinking of a way right now for tracking progress and whatnot. I'll let you know when I've got something... if you have an idea let me know. I'd prefer not to do it on here like we do with the goals thread since this is a rather sensitive thing for many of us and I, for one, don't need anyone who isn't a part of "the group" all up in my grill about my progress :)

Quote | Reply
"I would like to start now well not RIGHT now but very soon. Like tomorrow. Well, Monday. "

LOL... That sounds exactly like what my diet was this year... : ) Except for me Monday never quite got here! That being said, I am so in. I never did quite lose the weight I was planning to lose this year, so I still have that same goal as I had last year. I would love the help/camaraderie to actually go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing IMAZ; all the more reason for me to be in. Less weight to haul around the course is a good thing. About 10 lbs less of me would be nice.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets just start a yahoo group. Free and easy to use.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In. Starting right now.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do I have to own a scale for this?

Seriously... I don't own one. I'm usually pretty accurate at guessing my weight though. :p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you need a scale but it has to be a Tonita Ironman scale.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Khai, if I'm already calling you "skinny Kha" what will happen when you lose more weight?????

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply

Prev Next