Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone done/doing the Nations Tri?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this race, or is anyone signed up for it? I was wondering what to expect from TriBike, and for the transition area. I really should focus more on swimming, biking and running, but it's the details that drive me crazy!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done/doing the Nations Tri? [jojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it last year, and will be doing it again this year. I'm not following when you say what to expect from tribike? But the transition area is moved from where it was last year, so I can't give you a definite answer on that. Last year, for the number of people in the transition, it was well organized. There were international flags along the fence, so it was easy to know which rack you were by the flag you were closest to. They moved transition to HP so they could expand the size of it - last I heard there's something like 3000 registered for the event.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done/doing the Nations Tri? [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the info. I'm shipping my bike with TriBike but I don't arrive in DC until Saturday afternoon so I hope I can get everything coordinated and register and all that in time to get some rest before Sunday morning! How's the swim? Is there much current? Is it wetsuit-legal? Any hills on the bike? Do they close the streets or do we ride in traffic? I've run the Marine Corps marathon a couple of times so I know what to expect for the run. I appreciate the tips. See you there! P.S. I'll be in the BOP - doing this for fun only.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done/doing the Nations Tri? [jojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, makes sense now! The swim doesn't look to be in too bad most days, unless the wind really kicks up. You swim against the current on the way out to the bridge, but really, there's not too much current. Sometimes there's a bit of chop from the wind, but nothing too bad. Don't let people scare you about the Potomac - it all just depends on where you go in at. Off HP, its fine. They're actually hosting an open water swim there the weekend of the 6th to promote how clean the Potomac has become. It was wetsuit legal last year, though I think it was 2 weeks later. Temps should be mid to upper 70's. There's no real hills on the course. You can check out the elevation profile on the website. I believe the streets will be totally closed to traffic. It was very well run last year, and I look forward to it this year.

Don't worry - I'll be BOP too, I'm slowly coming off the injury reserve list.. and with 4 races in September, I'm sure I'll be just doing it for fun. I'll have to send you a message with my race number once I get it.

Cheers!
Quote Reply