Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody else dry for January?
Quote | Reply
i haven't had a drop since Dec 30 and my training has been much the better for it. Sleep soundly, more motivated, looking forward to workouts rather than dreading them. I don't think I can avoid altogether it till race season, but it's really been an eye opener.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody else dry for January? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not - but I also rarely drink. In the summer I have beer in the fridge & will have one every couple of days. In the winter on weekends, sometimes I have hot chocolate with Baileys. I'm pretty boring, but I try really hard not to drink my calories, so alcohol doesn't usually occur to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty much dry all the time - might have a drink or two after a race or on Christmas/birthday, but I probably drink fewer than a dozen days total per year and having 2+ drinks in an evening is more like an annual event.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Yep, my boyfriend and I do no-booze January. I haven't missed it at all this year. Last drink was Dec. 23. Sleep hasn't really improved at all, but I definitely "feel better".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't drink at all, so easy peasy....I'll do dry January ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't drink a lot anyway, but yup, so far no alcohol.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody else dry for January? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm think I'm seeing a trend here :>

the only downside of not drinking is that my sweet tooth (usually nonexistent) has come on full force. But I figure a random brownie is no big deal. Thanks so much for the input and enjoy your training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We always start the year with good intentions, but we really like booze.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out. Glass of wine last night.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply