Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any women wearing SIDI T3.6 shoes?
Quote | Reply
I need a new pair of cycling shoes and I'd like to go with SIDI again. The choice is between the women-specific T3 and the men's T3.6. The thing about the men's shoe is that I can get the model designed for Speedplay pedals. But I have the typical female foot: very narrow heel (narrower than most women's), wide ball of the foot, and high arches that require support. Are there any women wearing the SIDI men's shoe? What's your experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Any women wearing SIDI T3.6 shoes? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the men's T3 (not the speedplay specific ones). I have narrow feet (AAAA width) but the women's shoes don't come in a large enough size for me (big feet to go with my Amazon height) so the men's were the only option for me. The are definitely a bit loose in the heel, and too wide in the forefoot. I'm going to try to put some other insoles in to help take up some of the space. They are mostly comfortable, although when I wear them without socks, the left shoe cuts into the front of my ankle. I think the "tongue" (for lack of a better description) just needs to be broken in to curl away from my ankle. I don't have that problem on the right shoe. But they are definitely "men's width" shoes. If you've ever tried on a pair of "regular width" men's running shoes you'll know what I mean.

BTW, I also use speedplay pedals, and having to use the adapters/shims/whatever they are called isn't a big deal to me. Once they are installed, I never think about them again since even when you change your cleats they don't need to be fiddled with.
Quote Reply