Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any of you ladies tried this new saddle??
Quote | Reply
My wife is on her 4th saddle and still not having a lot of fun.One rubs too much here, one too much there. I know saddle fit is an individual thing so I'm willing to re-fit her as many times as it takes to get her comfortable.

We have been through the Adamo Race & Road versions, Fizik Airone Tri & Koobi Tri.

I saw an add in Bicycling magazine for the new Topeak Allay. Loks like a gimmick, but I'm willing to try it if people are finding success in using it.

http://www.allaysaddles.com/...sex/RacingProWB2_1_m

I'm also reading all the back saddle threads to get a list to start with too.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you ladies tried this new saddle?? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,

Two things to try.

1) Bontrager In Form- I don't know as much as I do about #2, but I totally love and trust Bontrager. Maybe check out their website for a read-up.

2) Specialized- Specialized has done studies to show that there are essentially two sizes of sit bones in this world, and that's the bone that causes all the pain and discomfort. If you go to a Specialized dealer (or in this case, your wife) you can sit on a little gel thingy they have and that will measure your sit bone. Then, you'll go by what type of riding she's doing, competitive, weekend warrior, etc., and narrow down some types of saddles.

In both cases, find the saddle then match that with the right chamois that provides comfort. It may take some people a few days to a few weeks to get used to a saddle. There're also some web pages that offer demos. E-mail me (jcATracewheelrentalDOTcom) and I'll forward that site to you. I don't know if i'm allowed to do that on a forum. I can also e-mail you some saddles that I've noticed a lot of women have success with.

I hope this helps!

JC
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you ladies tried this new saddle?? [Gillejc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specializied for sure. I have the Jett and finally someone understands how the female anatomy works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you ladies tried this new saddle?? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you get a chick like me that worked in a bike shop...yeah, I can definately relate!!! I've heard a lot of gals say they like the Pheonom as well. Did you try that one?
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you ladies tried this new saddle?? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife has been riding the Selle italia prolink light genuine gel (no - not the Gel Flow) for a couple years and earlier this year I replaced them with the 09' version which she really likes and now is riding that saddle on her road bike and time trial bike.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you ladies tried this new saddle?? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my road bike, I use the Specialized Avatar Gel (155) and don't even know it's there....prior to finding this saddle I was in SO much pain. I would imagine the majority of the issue was in the size of the saddle (the other ones were 143's).
Quote Reply