Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any ladies have a Garmin Forerunner 305?
Quote | Reply
I know this is old technology, but I can get a Forerunner 305 for cheap. I'm concerned, though, that it will be HUGE on my wrist. I have fairly small hands/wrists.

Comments?

- Oleander
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies have a Garmin Forerunner 305? [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a 305 before getting a 301xt. In either case, yes, it's big. Yes, it feels really strange at first. Now, after wearing a Garmin for the past five years? Totally normal. I was actually just commenting on this a couple days ago when I strapped it on my wrist for a race!

What you didn't ask - the 305 battery life is not great for longer days and is not waterproof. I'd say the 305 is great for running. Riding... charge to 100% before you go out for anything long. If you can find a used/cheap 310xt, that's a really good way to go (possible to find for < $ now that there's the 910xt).
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies have a Garmin Forerunner 305? [kbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with the above, including the battery life. I have tiny wrists and it is a lot of watch. But I didn't have issues with wearing it and now I am used to enormous sports watches. The thing covers the entire top of my wrist, and it's another weird tan line to add to my collection.

And that's not to say the battery life is bad. I did centuries with that thing and it was fine. I just almost always charged it in between uses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 205 (same device without the hrm). My wrists are about the only small thing on me (well, and my boobs. And feet. I have miiniboobs and hobbit feet...), anyway, I have the 205 and it took a run or two to adjust to, but I don't notice it at all anymore. I've had it for a good long time...

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always wore a sweat/wrist band under my 305. It helped cushion the watch against the little boney part on my wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would have to be a really, really cheap price (free!) for me to get a 305, vs. the 310. Battery life, satellite reception, battery charger and longevity of the device are far better in the 310.

Having said that, I've got teeny, tiny wrists, and yes, both are "big" but the 305 more so. What works for me is to get the velcro strap made for the 305 (but works with the 310 as well) and mount the watch on that.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 305 and I'm very petite. 4'10" and...well...I'm tiny. The watch has a big face, but it has never bothered me to wear it. It's only big in looks. The strap tightens just fine. I'm not even on the last hole. I tried to replace it with a 910XT and planned to sell the 305. Never did. There are some things the 305 is better for - courses for example. The 910XT fails at courses where the 305 works. Go for it! I don't think you'll be sorry.
Quote Reply