Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any ladies doing Steelhead 70.3 as their first IM?
Quote | Reply
Per the title, any ladies out there doing IM Steelhead 70.3 as their first 70.3 race? Would love a friend to freak out with!
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies doing Steelhead 70.3 as their first IM? [Katpete4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my second. I finished IMMT 70.3 in June, but was 7 mins over the max time allowed. Steelhead is redemption! Race day is soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies doing Steelhead 70.3 as their first IM? [vlkleinh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 mins!!!! You've def got this race in the bag! I'm super nervous!
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies doing Steelhead 70.3 as their first IM? [vlkleinh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have asked- where do you think you lost time at Tremblant? Overall endurance or in one sport?
Quote Reply
Re: Any ladies doing Steelhead 70.3 as their first IM? [Katpete4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was my first! The climbs at the end of the bike killed me, but in hindsight it seems that there were so many places I could make up 7 mins. I went pretty far off course right at the start of the swim..good for at least 2-4 mins. I didn't practice bike aide stations and slowed or stopped at each one. I took a cpl mins extra in transitions. My legs were shot for the entire run ( from the climbing on the bike course)....so my half marathon time was 45 mins+ more than my straight half marathon run. You got this! Here's hoping for a calm swim!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you have a plan and you're going to kill it! Where are you travelling from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northern Ontario. Driving through Duluth, Wisconsin Dells, Chicago! Where you from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toronto.

Had my last long ride today... Queue the nerves đŸ˜¬

Was there anything that surprised you in your first race?

Anything you forgot?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to apply/bring sunscreen to swim start. Otherwise...everything went pretty smoothly! You are going to be fine!!
Last edited by: vlkleinh: Aug 7, 16 15:40
Quote Reply