Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any good pre-workout breakfast ideas out there?
Quote | Reply
I'm relatively new to the triathlon world & am finding it challenging to figure out what to have early in the morning which will be sustaining enough w/out weighing me down like a ton of bricks.
Quote Reply
Re: Any good pre-workout breakfast ideas out there? [aces20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really like to eat in the morning, but I force myself before longer workouts. Dairy doesn't bother me, so I typically have a small bowl of cereal or an english muffin / piece of toast w/ a little butter (I'm not a peanut butter person, but it does have a nice amount of protein). In a pinch, I'll have a gel or a few chews of some sort (Gu, Honey Stinger, Power Bar...)

For me, the key is keeping it simple and easy-to-digest. Also, if i don't feel like I got enough calories from breakfast, I'll mix a calorie-heavy bottle of EFS to take with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always have a cliff bar and coffee.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not like to eat breakfast and force myself to do so. My meals are either cheese on hummus on Fitness Bread or a hot multi-grain cereal with nuts and dried fruit and fresh fruit.

Quote | Reply
I like the PowerBar Product (Performance Energy Blends). They come in 3 different flavors. The texture is somewhat like applesauce. They are not hard on your stomach and work great before a workout.

Jen Yanda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet potato and almond butter with a side of bacon and a shot of espresso.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm. If the workout is less than two hours, just a very very large cup of coffee an hour before the workout.

If the workout is going to be more than two hours, I have coffee, two scrambled eggs, and a toasted bagel with a light amount of butter and a sprinkle of salt. Or I have the coffee with peanut butter on the bagel.

For some reason, the eggs sit very well and digest easily for me while keeping the starvation away. That used to be my ironman breakfast.

Of course, you still need fuel for during your workout, but that's probably another thread.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Re: Any good pre-workout breakfast ideas out there? [brokenspoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brokenspoke wrote:
Hmm. If the workout is less than two hours, just a very very large cup of coffee an hour before the workout.
BrokenSpoke

^this^. But if it's longer I'll eat oatmeal with pecans and craisins about 30 min before
Quote Reply
Re: Any good pre-workout breakfast ideas out there? [Treegirl85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for these. I forced myself this am to have something - went w a little oatmeal w honey & a large coffee - & it made a difference. Actually was able to stay out longer & felt better. Seems like common sense but eating is hard that early!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For an hour of stuff I'll just have a coffee and water. 2 hours, I'll have a bag of those Power Bar or Stinger chews. Longer, PB/Nutella/Honey on a slice of wheat bread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never been a big breakfast person, and have a sensitive stomach. I find a banana, yogurt, and/or granola/Clif bar seem to be adequate. My new thing is smoothies wih fruit, whey protien, and almond milk.
Quote Reply