Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any SE TXers interested in crewing/pacing at Rocky Raccoon on Feb 5
Quote | Reply
So next weekend (wow! I can't believe it is that soon), I'll be running 5 20-mile loops around Sam Houston State Park (just S of of Hunstsville) in my first 100 miler (http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html).

My best friend will be flying in from NC to act as my crew chief so I have the crew aspect pretty much covered. But I am sure she would love some company and assistance if crewing is something you would want to do. I am really looking for a pacer for the overnight hours.
If there is anyone in the area, that would be interested in shuffling through the woods in total darkness with me, please let me know! There is no pace to slow as my pacer, as after 60+ miles of running, I doubt I'll be moving very fast,

I have both crewed and paced at several 100s and they are a blast. If you are thinking of ever trying one of these ridiculous events, pacing/crewing is a great way to see what its all about and meet tons of awesome people. Plus, RR100 has several phenomenal runners on its starting list including Scott Jurek, Anton Krupicka, Hal Koerner and a few others. There should be am amazing fight to break the course record.

Female or Male pacers/crew members would be awersome, I just started with the womens since I post here way more frequently than the other forums. Food and a shower (hotel in Huntsville) will
provided to all crew/members. And I promise not to whine, cry, and complain too much.

thanks!
deanna

Quote Reply
Re: Any SE TXers interested in crewing/pacing at Rocky Raccoon on Feb 5 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh wow, I sooo wish I could!

Unfortunately DH would kill me since it would involve travel (we have 2 small kids & I'm already traveling a ton for work/races) :(

But best of luck to you!!! You're going to do great!
Quote Reply
Re: Any SE TXers interested in crewing/pacing at Rocky Raccoon on Feb 5 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deanna, I live just south of the park-ran there this morning as a matter of fact-and may be available. I work till 6 on that day but can drive up afterwards. Please pm me if you want to share contact info.

Leslie

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: Any SE TXers interested in crewing/pacing at Rocky Raccoon on Feb 5 [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I sent you a pm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deanna,

Not sure about pacing because I'm already pacing a friend of mine. But I'll be there. Feel free to PM and i'll look for you.
Quote Reply