Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Colorado womens?
Quote | Reply
I'm tagging along with my hubby on a trip to CO, and am looking for some suggestions from any CO womens out there.

1) I land in Denver early Friday. I signed up for the Horsetooth Reservoir 2.4 ows race on Sunday am. Anybody know or done this race? Any suggestions for a very quick acclimation to the 5,300 altitude? I train at close to sea level. I won't be competitive at this race--just looking to have some fun and get a good training race in.

2) We'll be staying in Red Feather Lakes for a week. Rental agent swears there is no place to swim nearby. Know of anywhere to swim? I'll have my wetsuit and swimskin with me.

3) Any suggestions for fun in either Denver or Red Feather lakes?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Any Colorado womens? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only help with #1. And I can't even help that much. :(
It's a fun race, pretty low key. The water is warm this year (73 degrees at last check), so temp should not be an issue. Swimming at altitude is always tough (tougher than biking or running at altitude, some say) and there are no tricks to acclimation--I would just try and get a warm up in before the race and start off the race at a relatively comfortable pace rather than trying to hammer the first couple of hundred meters.
Quote Reply