Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another creepy incident...
Quote | Reply
So last night, I come home around 11.. and I’m pulling my bike off my car after having it tuned up at the bike shop. I notice this guy out walking, and he cuts across the parking lot onto the sidewalk near the condo. He walks directly towards my car, which kind of weirds me out a bit, but I didn’t think too much of it. He starts to talk to me and I could immediately tell the wires weren’t all connected upstairs on this guy. I was pretty sure he wasn't drunk.. thought he could possible have a form of mental retardation. He starts saying something about how it’s a nice bike, and asks if I’m going riding. I say thank you, and no, I’m just bringing it home, all while not really looking up at the guy as I attach my front tire. He then asks me (not making much sense) something about if I live here alone, and then quickly diverts back to questions about where I ride, how its a nice bike, and slips in another do you live by yourself. By this time, I'm starting to get nervous as I'm the only one in the parking lot. My cell phone was still in my car at this point. I don't really acknowledge him much, say have a good night, and quickly walked to my condo. I didn’t turn any lights on in the house or anything because I didn't want him to know which place I went into, and remembered my cell phone and some other things I wanted to get out of the car were still there. So, I head back out a few minutes later, heading across the grass towards my car. The Creeper is trying to HIDE BEHIND A TREE.When he realizes that I see him, he stops peaking out from behind the tree and hides behind it again. So at this point, I start to get a little bit nervous, and just turned around, and came back inside for a little bit. I looked out my window, and now he’s sitting on the benches outside, looking at my place. I’m extra creeped out by this point, and really wished I had my cell phone on me. I turned off all the lights again, and waited about 15 minutes.. looked out the living room window and he had walked up the stone path beside my unit (I could hear them shift). I looked out the peep hole and he stood outside for a few seconds, before walking up the stairs and out of sight. I found my mace in my closet, and went out to my car about 20 minutes later to retrieve my cell phone and such, no sign of him. I decided against packing stuff for this weekend in my car last night because I didn’t want to be out more than needed. I was leaving anyways for the night, and headed to the airport to pick up a pilot friend of mine.

It takes a lot to make me worry about my surroundings (I walk from the bars to the metro by myself, no second thoughts.. grew up in an inner city, so I don't have too many worries about being able to handle myself)… but there was something not right with this guy. If I would have had my cell phone on me when he was hiding behind the tree watching for me, I probably would have called the cops.

Can I still report this the next day? I've never really dealt with anything like this. I told my roommate and his girlfriend about it so they can watch for it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Another creepy incident... [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely report what happened. Of course it's hard to say from jurisdiction to jurisdiction (and even cop to cop) what they'll do, but I know in my city they'll at least do a report up on it and take a drive by to see if anything weird is going on. Of course, if I made the same report across town in the less nice part of my city they wouldn't do that (glad I'm back living in the nice part haha). What's the worst that could happen if you at least call, right?

Stay safe out there. Remember too that there are some people out there that are really weird, but totally harmless. Never worth risking thinking that of everyone though! (I just happen to live in a city of a lot of mentally ill people that I feel lucky to know - my dad worked at the institution for almost 30 years before it closed down... they're not creeping me out, they just say hi hehe)

Quote | Reply
I don't know the rules of reporting stuff, but that DOES sound creepy and I hope you never see him again. ugggghhhh what's up with people lately?!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should report it too if possible and keep an eye out for him. Keep your pepper spray on hand too. Take care!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suggest reporting, if it happened to me I would definitely be worried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would report it.

i had a creepy incident last november when i was with my two german shepherds in a big park around midnight. the dogs were behind me sniffing at a tree, on-leash, when this guy in a mask with his hat pulled low so only his eyes were visible. he entered the park, saw me, changed direction and started walking towards me. i don't think he saw the dogs b/c it was dark and they were behind me. i don't scare easily, and did my best to project 'totally calm and confident' vibes, but he was freaking me out hugely. the dogs must have eventually felt him staring at us, b/c led by my female (who's part working lines and not a dog to trifle with) my dogs ran at him, not making a sound, but in full-on alert position.

he immediately turned and ran off, i tried not to pee my pants with relief, and got out of there as quick as possible.

i didn't report it b/c, after all, being creepy isn't illegal. but when i told my brother, he got really upset and pointed out that this guy could have done it before, could do it again, and that if there's a pattern of behaviour there, it's probably good the cops know about it, especially if it ever escalated. so i ended up calling the cops 4 days after it happened, and i thought they'd be wondering 'why are you telling us this?' but actually they were asking me why i'd waited so long to report it.

....your incident sounds majorly creepy, i'd definitely let the cops know.

and hopefully he never shows up again!
Last edited by: Teags: Oct 17, 08 13:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you see him again, make sure to form an accurate description, any identifying traits, etc. Take notes when you get back in side to help memory. If you can, get a photo of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to reporting to the police, you might also want to notify your condo board/association. Hopefully they will get the word out, both so others can keep an eye out, and also to help warn other people who live in your place.

Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would definitely creep me out, too!!! As had been posted before... report it. You may never see that person again but it may help somebody else.

Jay
Quote Reply