Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adamo saddle
Quote | Reply
Ladies, do you use an Adamo saddle? I've been back on the trainer due to a broken shoulder but I'm hating life... Or rather, my bottom half is. Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [SMO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used an Adamo seat and it was the most painful seat I've ever used. I returned it.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Can you elaborate? I tried the specialized tri saddle that came with my bike and it was too wide - which I think may be the case with Adamo saddles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Adamo road saddle. I love it and it has completely changed my cycling life. I will say that it took a little while to get used to. You'll have be riding much further forward on the saddle, and on different parts of your body than you've used previously, so it reminded me a lot of when I first started riding a bike vs. getting used to a new saddle. Initially, it was hard for me to have pressure on my sit bones, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

There are a lot of different models, so if you can take your bike into the shop to test them out, I highly recommend doing so. The shop that I bought mine from would have let me return it before 30 days if I ended up hated it, which is what convinced me to pull the trigger. (They also did loaners, but weren't close enough to my home for that to be an option.)

It seems like people either love or hate these saddles, so I'm willing to bet you'll know pretty quickly which camp you fall into. Good luck!

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdraegerpnw wrote:
I use the Adamo road saddle. I love it and it has completely changed my cycling life. I will say that it took a little while to get used to. You'll have be riding much further forward on the saddle, and on different parts of your body than you've used previously, so it reminded me a lot of when I first started riding a bike vs. getting used to a new saddle. Initially, it was hard for me to have pressure on my sit bones, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

There are a lot of different models, so if you can take your bike into the shop to test them out, I highly recommend doing so. The shop that I bought mine from would have let me return it before 30 days if I ended up hated it, which is what convinced me to pull the trigger. (They also did loaners, but weren't close enough to my home for that to be an option.)

It seems like people either love or hate these saddles, so I'm willing to bet you'll know pretty quickly which camp you fall into. Good luck!

Michelle

x2.

mine was very specific to the clittoral hood area (the pain) so I think that is why the Adamo worked so well. I still get nerve issues and need to adjust it more but the horrific pain is gone.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SMO wrote:
Awesome. Can you elaborate? I tried the specialized tri saddle that came with my bike and it was too wide - which I think may be the case with Adamo saddles.

Count me in as part of the "Adamo is too wide" camp. I found nirvana on the Selle Italia maxflow line -- narrow nose and huge cutout. I ride very steep, and there is almost nothing touching the saddle at all. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's my understanding that the Adamo saddle is best if you're in areo position. I'm not always in aero and the saddle hurt me after 30 miles -- really painful.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the Adamo zip tie trick on the front of the rails. Pulls the two prongs together taking away some of the chaffing issues/discomfort for me. Might work for the Women's too.

Edited to read adamo not "Adams", iPad auto correct!
Last edited by: Dad2twins: Jan 9, 13 20:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are different models - the Road and the Racing are a bit wider than some of the others. If you like the idea of an Adamo but find it's too wide, you could try the Podium or Attack.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [Dad2twins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dad2twins wrote:
Try the Adamo zip tie trick on the front of the rails. Pulls the two prongs together taking away some of the chaffing issues/discomfort for me. Might work for the Women's too.

The Mens always suggest that. ;)

The front on the Adamo racing saddle, according to their FAQ, is about 70mm wide. I could maybe ziptie the prongs to get it half a cm narrower, but that would pretty much eliminate the channel, leaving just a long thin crack that would pinch my youknowwhat.

In contrast, the part of my Selle saddle where I actually "sit" (either upright or in aero) is only about 45mm wide, and within that it has a 20mm "hole" in the center, so none of my important parts are actually "on" the leather. I don't know why they don't market the darn thing for womens more aggressively.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Adamo and have found the following help my comfort:

1. really tight shorts
2. little to no chamois in the shorts (I prefer DeSoto Forza shorts)
3. sitting way out on the "nose" of the saddle. For optimal balance (feet, rear, and arms), my cockpit needs to be a bit lower than it would be ordinarily
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Adamo for a few years with zips ties, but then the rub was just too much...I think my quads may have gotten bigger. I am on a Cobb now, which is narrower, but it is really hard.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [StephB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
StephB wrote:
I have an Adamo and have found the following help my comfort:

1. really tight shorts
2. little to no chamois in the shorts (I prefer DeSoto Forza shorts)
3. sitting way out on the "nose" of the saddle. For optimal balance (feet, rear, and arms), my cockpit needs to be a bit lower than it would be ordinarily

In Reply To:

That works for the men's too! Too much chamoi on an adamo causes nasty sores and rubs. Minimal chamoi and you have to perch way forward, you have the feeling of falling off the seat for awhile. The boys hang off the front of the prongs, the sensitive "lady" parts should do the same according to female friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love it. especially the time trial version even after some time off the bike I am able to get back on with minimal issues
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [RunaroundS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunaroundS wrote:
I used the Adamo for a few years with zips ties, but then the rub was just too much...I think my quads may have gotten bigger. I am on a Cobb now, which is narrower, but it is really hard.
In Reply To:

I use to have a Fizik Arione on my Speed Concept but was not able to stand it, was getting numbness in the parts of a guys body that should never be numb ;-). I tried the Adamo saddles but was not able to comfortable enough if the bike shop to try them out at home (30 day return policy) since I was getting too much pressure on my sit bones, even after sitting really far forward as their supposed to be. After trying different saddles, I went with the Cobb Plus (it's te middle of the road when it comes to firmness).

I was attracted to it as I felt that I was getting the same benefits if the Adamo saddles, while being narrower.

The best thing to do is to go to a bike shop and trying on saddle after saddle. But before you even touch your bike, make sure to measure EVERYTHING before making any changes and recording the changes that you do. This is important when trying on saddles as the height of the rails in the saddles will be different between brands and models, so you might prefer a brant just because it might be a little higher/ lower than where you currently are at. Also, make sure you check the return policy from the bike shop and the manufacturer so you can shop with confidence that you can make a smart decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought an Adamo Podium. So far, I love it, although it feels like I'm sitting on the end of a lightly padded 2x4. All my ripping issues are gone, but now I have to deal with sore sit bones. Also, the area between my crotch and my upper thigh feels sore.

Overall, I prefer the sit bone pain over the ripping pain. Haha, doesn't sound like much of a recommendation.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just switched from a Cobb Max saddle to an Adamo Prologue saddle and have noticed a difference. I still feel it's a little uncomfortable but am giving it another few rides both on the trainer and outside. The guy at my bike shop also mentioned using zip-ties on the ends to help (apparently his GF did that and it worked)...that might be my next step!

For what it's wroth, Cobb has a pretty good article on saddles for girls.
http://cobbcycling.com/articles.cfm?id=18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hated it. But, I think it's really depends on each person. Most people love the Adamo.

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [kellydomara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The goal of the Adamo racing saddle has positive effects on both men and women. As a man, it reduces the pressure on the tant area and perineal nerve and moves more of the pressure to the tail bone. Pressure on the this nerve can cause "sleepy pee pee" syndrome...not making that term up.... The same is true for women...minus the perineal nerve.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [pbaxter71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that I found it more uncomfortable than anything.

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [kellydomara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posting as a doctor who sees this issue in men and women cyclist fairly often. It may be more painful on the tailbone but will not cause any serious or permenent damage as opposed to constantly riding on the wrong area. Here's and interesting article if you want any more info:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Saddles/Saddle_Theory_Part_III_2512.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just put the Adamo Breakaway saddle on my bike and loved it. Ok first used it on the trainer and it was ok. Next I rode the bike and it was perfect. No discomfort on my lady parts who h was beginning to be a big issue with me in on my Fizik Arione saddle. No moving around, no pulling on my tri shorts, just comfortable. I still need to go for a longer ride and see how it holds up. The only thing is that I guess I will need to get used to the split and where it hits my pubic bone.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo saddle [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And with an updated opinion on my Adamo Podium... no more soreness of anything except tiny bit of soreness on sit bones (ischial tuberosities).
Quote Reply