Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A little bit of inspiration each day
Quote | Reply
On my ride home from work I pass a billboard that says

"He's been behind him for 65 marathons" and it's a picture of the Hoyts.

The first time I saw that I almost cried (that would have been a sight... some crazy chic crying while riding her bike). So everyday I see this and I take a second to realize how lucky, and thankful I am. The first day (the almost bawling day) I consciously thought of a few things I'm thankful for (related to the billboard):

I'm thankful I can ride my bike to and from work
I'm thankful I live in a place where this is allowed, and I'm safe for the most part
I'm thankful I have a bike (2 even)

On a different day I was cursing the heat (105 I believe), and when I passed the Hoyts, I realized I was being petty and needed to HTFU!

Anyone else encounter little bits of inspiration?

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: A little bit of inspiration each day [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How strange that you mentioned the Hoyts... I literally just checked my email and friend sent me a link with an inspirational music/video of one of their IM Hawaii finishes (I think it was a religious site of some sort, not sure- GodTube?? Hmm).

Anyway, I got teary-eyed, as usual. I do every year when I watch the broadcast on NBC.

So, I always try to remember their story and others like it when I am feeling sorry for myself or dealing with nagging injuries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just at the Badwater 135 ultra in Death Valley and watched a guy who had lost his leg below the knee in Vietnam finish for the second time in 4 attempts. It was incredible seeing him out there in a lonely stretch of road, walking along and knowing he must have been in incredible pain. That race was full in incredible stories and they will keep me going for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyday I wake up and go for a swim, bike or run, I think of how fortunate I am....I'm grateful for every moment I have. A friend and I were sitting at a blues festival last weekend and pondering how fortunate we were, how good our lives are. He says to me "You're the richest (and he didn't mean monetarily) person I know, with the possible exception of myself." Almost everyday I feel like the luckiest man on earth.
Quote Reply