Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AZ Triathletes??
Quote | Reply
I know this is the women's forum, but, i have a friend that is moving from out here in AR to AZ and doesn't really know anyone. So i thought i'd give it a shot for her. She's going to be working for Arizona State and is a competitive triathlete. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: AZ Triathletes?? [bjdbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If she's gonna be in Tempe, she wants to go to Tribe Multisport across the river in Scottsdale. Kevin will hook her up with everything and everyone she needs. Sun Devil Masters is a great group and swims at ASU. Gage Training & Racing is a great training group that is out of Ahwahtukee........you couldn't ask for nicer people than Jane & George.

Of course, if she is at ASU West, that changes things a bit, although there are triathletes on the westside, too.

I suspect that, coming from AR, she may find the AZ tri scene a bit overwhelming..........there are a lot of athletes and groups to choose from.

Tell her to enjoy the desert for me.......... :-)

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: AZ Triathletes?? [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definitely go see kevin at tribe

also
landis cyclery has a tri clbu
so does dmb village health clubs
and triscottsdale.com
dna cycles has rides, so does bicycle ranch although maybe not for long
or pm me me, i can connect her with some of my friends/ women triathletes

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Re: AZ Triathletes?? [bjdbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"GetSetUSA.com" <states-mail@getsetusa.com>

I get listings of bike, running, and tri events going on in the state weekly from this site (automatically e-mailed to me), and there are a bunch. I'm sure she would meet athletes, and get info by going to or competing in some of these tri's. The other responses are good info also. Let me know if I can help.
Quote Reply