Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Transitions
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am new to the sport of triathlon (just did my first sprint tri this past weekend) and am participating in the Haines City 70.3 this upcoming weekend. I first must say that I am much more of a participant than a competitor. Finishing the race is all I am looking for. With that said, I would appreciate any advice in clothing and transitions.

This is a no-wetsuit race. I am a 38 DD so my moving comfort sports bra is a must. This past weekend I wore a sports bra under my speedo swimsuit, and then slowly stripped off my suit and put bike shorts on with a tank. I ran in that same outfit (however it was only a 5K).

I am not all that concerned with transition times, but was wondering others thoughts on transitions and clothing. I also do not know yet if there is a transition tent or not. Will a soaking wet sports bra, with lake water from the swim and sweat from the bike portion be alright to run in? My initial plan was to completely change out of bike shorts and jersey into running clothes, with a new sports bra. But after the sprint this weekend I am thinking that may be a bit much.

Thank you for your help!! The logistics for these things are trickier than I originally thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Transitions [quinny922] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also just found out there will not be a transition tent. Thanks for your advice!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are finding out why triathlon-specific clothing was designed, to avoid arrest for public nudity ;-)

In all seriousness, you may want to include a lubricant, such as BodyGlide or SpotShield to avoid chafing around the underarms or anyplace where wet clothes on dry skin might be a problem.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny, I am a C Cup, so understand the need for a sports bra. In a full IM I get completely changed. In a half or an OD, I simply wear a sports bra under my tri suit and don't get changed at all. The bra dries out quickly on the bike. I just use lots of Amolin (vaseline, bodyglide, whatever you normally use) under the bra.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Slide comes in a spray can, so it's super easy and quick to apply in transition, if you need it.

Also, stuffing a sample size of Body Glide or something similar into your tri top pocket might be worth looking in to. I keep one in my saddle bag at all times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wear your bike shorts and sports bra to swim, throw on a jersey in transition and you are good to go. Everything will dry quickly on the bike. I second the suggestion for using lots of body glide. If it is a wetsuit swim, I put the wetsuit on over the shorts and tri top/jersey, peel off the wetsuit and head out on the bike. Good luck and have fun!!
Quote Reply