Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

20 years later....
Quote | Reply
A funny thing happened today. So my daughters go to preschool and weeks ago I noticed that a fellow mom (in a different class) was dropping her child off. I knew this mom 20 years ago in high school and to say the least we were not friends. Oh we tried, but we were like oil and water. We both ran x-country and track and we both were equally fast. I was ok with it, but for some reason she was NOT and truly despised me. In any case back to preschool - whenever I would see this gal it was always from a distance so I could never say hi. I mean afterall it's been 20 years...seriously; I could care less about highschool happenings. Well finally today I got the chance. She happened to be in my path as I went to pick up my daughter from her class and she looked at me and looked away. Of course I gave her the benefit of the doubt and I said in my typical cheerful voice "well hello there".....People, the look she gave me, wheew, well let's just say it was a totally put out look a WHY are you talking to me look and she responded in the most shittiest of tones "uh, hi". So I proceed realizing that she is so not interested but at this point determined to make a point and I ask her "so how are you"....again shitty tone "uh, fiieeenne". Well ok then. Let's just say I decided what's the point and thought 'screw you girlfriend you can get right on over yourself'. So I stood there talked to my 3 year old and waited for my other daughter to get out of class.

I'm in AWE......seriously 20 years has gone by and this girl is still angry?! WOW. JUST. WOW. As I walked out of the school I just had to laugh and shake my head. Life is way to short to be so pissed off over really anything for an extended period of time. With that said, to any of you that are pissed off today, let it go, even if it's a good reason. Life is too short to let that kind of ickyness take residence in your life.

Quote | Reply
good for you!

i recently ended up in contact with my ex after a few years (worst of circumstances - a mutual friend passed away far, far too young, and he got in touch through facebook to let me know). it had been a pretty bitter breakup, and some nasty things were said. my response, after thanking him for letting me know about our friend's passing and telling him i no longer harboured any ill will toward him, was to wish him and his wife well and offer a bit of wisdom i'm trying to live by:

"rejoice over the good times, sorrow over the bad times, but never hang on to pain"

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
"20 years has gone by and this girl is still angry?! "

No offense ladies, but it does seem to be more of a female thing. My ex wife held a grudge since grade 7 with a gal she knew. Guys tend to more likely to "take it outside" and then shake hands and forget about it afterwords
Quote Reply
Re: 20 years later.... [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd keep at it... ask her about her kids, life since high school, maybe she'll realize that you are a nice person and she'll be able to let bygones be bygones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wait 'til your kids become best friends...

HA!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto QRgirl...I'd keep at it too. If you have kids the same age in the same school, you're going to keep running into her. It will at least be fun to kill her with kindness. Maybe ask her if she still runs. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you sure she recognized you? (which would not explain her snottiness either way)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree, kind of ridiculous.

But also NOT worth getting upset over (not that you are--just that someone like that isn't worth your energy). You be you, nice, pleasant and don't alter any part of how you would normally treat people... if she wants to be rude and childish, then fine. Nothing you can do about it.

I agree with the others, she might come around... she might not, don't hold your breath. To those people, I say: have a nice life!
Quote Reply
Re: 20 years later.... [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh....she recognized me. No doubt about that. The look she gave me took me back 20 years prior; it was the same "look" she would so often give me. As an adolescent it was intimidating, as an adult it's truly laughable.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Her child is in a different class from both of my daughters and it is rare that we are within speaking distance but when we are I may just have to ask her something else. Quite honestly I don't believe she'll actually respond to me and if she does, I would put money on the fact that she will say something rude; the look, the tone, and the very very short answers spoke volumes. Regardless, I could care less how this girl treats me. I'm not sure how I would handle the situation if she did get nasty with me. The former scrappy side of me would want to punch her out but the true person I am now would just shake my head in sorrow knowing that this person is carrying around that much bitterness. There are plenty of people I do not prefer, or even like for that matter, but I would never be rude to them. It's just not me.

Quote | Reply
Whats really important here:
Who's faster now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It definitely sounds like you're taking the high road here. I bet she saw something about you now and still feels like she can't beat you. You might have a nicer car or the purse she wanted or cuter kids and it's pissing her off.
Quote Reply