Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2020 Race/Event Schedule
Quote | Reply
What is on everyone's race/event list?

I just signed up for Dirty Kanza 100 mile gravel race at the end of May. I'm also doing a 2-day ride in Kentucky at the beginning of October (Bourbon Country Burn). Ride bikes, drink bourbon. Not sure what else yet.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Publix Half Marathon 3/1
Cherry Blossom 10 miler 4/7
Swimfest (4500m over 3 races) 5/23
Local oly 5/30
Eagleman 70.3 6/14
Musselman 70.3 7/19
Local oly tri 8/1
(possibly Galapagos half marathon if it's 8/15)
IMMD 9/19
Cycling club century 9/26
Local turkey trot 11/26

it's irritating me that I can't find a twelfth event to make it 12 events in 12 months

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far I've got:

13.1 February 23
70.3 April 4
Oly July 17 (guiding)
SBT Gravel August 15
70.3 WC November 28

I'll probably race either Victoria (May 31), Boulder 70.3 (August 1), Santa Cruz (September 13), or the new Maple Valley (September 20) -- I'm open to suggestions.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [TwoDollarSteak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBT Gravel August 15 - My friends went out and did this last summer and said it was great!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved it! I did the black course and it was one of my favorite days of the year.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's good to have one spare in case you land up going somewhere and finding a last minute event you want to do. Also, are you going to the Galapagos? How cool!

So far signed up for IMC on Aug 30. Will probably throw in some local triathlons before then but haven't looked for anything in particular. One thing I'm considering is The L.O.S.T. Race (http://lostswimming.com/lost-race/) - it'll depend on when it is and how brave I'm feeling.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Maybe it's good to have one spare in case you land up going somewhere and finding a last minute event you want to do. Also, are you going to the Galapagos? How cool!

So far signed up for IMC on Aug 30. Will probably throw in some local triathlons before then but haven't looked for anything in particular. One thing I'm considering is The L.O.S.T. Race (http://lostswimming.com/lost-race/) - it'll depend on when it is and how brave I'm feeling.

That looks fun - DO IT!!! Take advantage of the open water!

I'm signed up for a 10km in May. Because it's super close to my cousin's place (family visit!) and there's socks that say "Get $hit done". There are worse reasons to sign up for stuff, right?

I also want to do the local Swim/Run race, but I'm terrified of the length/amount of running. It's in July, so I have a lot of time to waffle.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:

I'm trying. It's hard to find a "spare" race when all the fun triathlons around here are like 2-3 hours away.

And YES I AM GOING TO THE GALAPAGOS IN AUGUST! ::dance dance dance:: Seven months from yesterday!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another year of #swimallthemiles

March 15 - Bolingbrook Half Marathon
April 25 - Swim Around Lido Key (7 miles)
June 28 - Twin Lakes Sprint (my first sprint since 2005)
July 11- Big Swell 2.4 mile swim
July 12 - Lake Zurich Olympic
July 23-25 - Washington Island 36 hour Ultra Tri
August 8 - Swim Across Lake Minnetonka (10 mile)
August 16 - Swim to the Moon (10K)
September 12 - Three Rivers Swim Marathon 30K
October 10 - Swim the Suck (10 mile)
October 17-18 - Motor City Challenge (1 mile, 5K, Half Mary at Detroit Free Press)

There are a few more local 2.4 mile/5k swis that may make it on my calendar once the dates get finalized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo. I'm doing

3/15 NYC Half Marathon
5/3 Local Half Marathon (or 5k if I'm not feeling it)
6/27 Local sprint
7/19 Musselman LOOK OUT CUPCAKE!
8/2 Local Oly because I'm dumb and can't count to notice that my A race is only 2 weeks before this.
After that???

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Race/Event Schedule [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I will definitely be taking advantage of open water stuff around here. The group that run the race set up a course at the weekends and provide kayak support so I’m hoping to improve my ows with them!

Just remembered that there’s a 5k in May I might sign up for (hubby is doing it with a team from his work). It’ll be a long run day so I probably won’t “race” it but run there, run the course, and then run back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Current schedule:
3/21 - On The Run 13.1
4/25 - Muddy Onion gravel grinder (I need redemption from last year)
5/2 - Polar Bear Sprint
5/9 - Maine Coast Marathon
5/16 - Way Over Yonder offroad tri, NJ (?)
5/24 or 5/31 - 50K, presuming my knees hold up through the training (either Gunstock or Chesterfield Gorge)
6/14 - Eagleman
6/21 - Rough Patch offroad tri, CT (?)
7/31 thru 8/2 - Rev3 New England, MA (targeting time trial, sprint, and maybe oly or half? Aquabike? Who knows)
8/29 thru 8/30 - Live Free and Tri: new tri festival in NH with a sprint and an oly/70.3
9/20 - 12 Hours of Bradbury mountain bike race

And whatever else I feel like!! I enjoy racing, so I try to jam as much of it as I can into the season. I'd like to get a couple more offroad tris in there, but there's some upheaval with Xterra and I don't know that it's going to be feasible to get to anything from Maine. The ones in Quebec don't fall at good times with what's already on my schedule. Will have to see.
Quote Reply