Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Liv Avow
Quote | Reply
Liv/Giant just posted the new 2019 Avow, and honestly I'm pretty underwhelmed. Looks like a step down in bikes overall for a modest price reduction
https://www.liv-cycling.com/...ow-advanced-pro-2019

Changes for 2019 that I can see:
Pro 0 - is gone (SRAM eTap)
Pro 1 - loses the carbon SLR 1 wheelset; also loses Dura-Ace TT bar shifters (Ultegra instead); and keeps the exact same paint scheme. Seriously, exactly the same...?!? Keeps DI2. Price is 5000 down from 5560.
Pro 2 - new addition in 2019 - drops down to an Ultegra mechanical groupset; same alloy wheelset as the Pro 1
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Liv Avow [imdtucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would venture to guess that the ST womens are for the most part not looking at the Liv, which is why you haven't received a response yet. As a small-size in-the-market-for-new-bike womens, I am not personally impressed with Liv, who still are not making a bike for a woman under 5'3", which should be a major market for a "women's bike" brand. On the other hand, I do think they have tapped their key market with both Ultegra and mechanical options -- I think they are drawing a lot of newer female triathletes who are less about "optimal" fit and more about getting started in the sport. Cue Slowman here for a response, maybe as per the TBI initiatives, morphology, and a rant about the lack of 650c wheels. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Liv Avow [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also waiting for them to come up with a better "x-road" or cyclocross bike for this smaller womens, since I love the idea of the Liv division and I'd love to help support the mission..... if they made a bike I wanted to buy.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Liv Avow [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon has its Grail and its Cx bike in the US now in small sizes ... no true roadie yet, though. They had one xxxs cross on clearance in their outlet early this week...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I have a teeny tiny Cannondale that I don't actually need to upgrade, but.... since when does need ever come into it?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My issue with the XXS Liv was 650 front/700 rear. Why did they ever think that was a good idea? Well, per their website it was because 650s compromise speed which so this mismatched ridiculousness gives them the best of both worlds - fit with the 650 in the front and power/speed with the 700 in the rear. But for me, this made the bike a non-starter. I thought we learned that the mismatched thing wasn't ideal when Terry bailed on the idea years ago. 650s on both front and rear forever!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Liv Avow [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My (limited) understanding is that they're making the Avow 2019 only in XS with 700s now -- no XXS on their website at all. Mismatch is simply too inconvenient. But, although there are a few 650c tri bikes and a few size 44 road/tri bikes with 700 wheels, I think the 650c road bike is dead... zero major companies are making them.
Quote Reply