Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to, seriously considering it. I'll look into flights and let you know for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Monty, I'm booking a flight from Oklahoma. I'm 5'11" and was wondering what you have in the way of bike rentals/loaners. Tri bikes and/or road? Looking forward to it- emmy
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [Emmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly road bikes, and in your size no problem..All near new carbon top of the line too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooooo.....I like the mystery of a special guest or 3.

This is going to be a great camp! I'll be doing a lot of hanging out with the dogs, have no intention to ride. Will get out for hikes and runs.

Can't wait to see everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Ooooo.....I like the mystery of a special guest or 3.

Anywhere between 0 and 6....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is funny. I guess i'm a lurker, ha. Have been extremely obsessed with tris since my first sprint in '10. I'm training for an oly in June, 70.3 in October. I'm a newbie but was already really active and athletic so I hope I can keep pace and learn a lot. Soooo looking forward to meeting new people and experiencing everything.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emmy wrote:
Hey Monty, I'm booking a flight from Oklahoma. I'm 5'11" and was wondering what you have in the way of bike rentals/loaners. Tri bikes and/or road? Looking forward to it- emmy

Sounds looks, but doesn't explicitly say that you're in. Are you lucky #11?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you'll have me. I'm flying to LAX on the 12th so I'll hafta go somewhere ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonderful-glad you are coming!!!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah same here :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need anything in advance? like, money?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty, you have any MTBs in S sizing? If not, no worries, I can stick to road riding (just need to know what gear to bring). Super excited!!!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a lot of inqueries about MTB's, we have none up here at the moment. They are the next in our plan to get, but right now we just have some really sweet road bikes, and an odd tri bike or two. There are plenty, but if you are little you may have to size up, but we have lots of short stems to swap out to make them fit better. So if you have to ride MTB, you will have to bring your own for now. Just remember the road riding up here is awesome too, great roads with very little traffic, so not what most are used to..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for letting us know. I can ride up to a 52, so we'll give'er a shot, make it work. I love the road riding out in your parts! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Just remember the road riding up here is awesome too, great roads with very little traffic, so not what most are used to.. <<

You forgot to mention that it's all hills. Or wind on the flats, but of course, there is the 5 mile climb to get home. :-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like bees to the hive, Monty and Dan have at this point entrusted us to show up for our annual pilgrimage. To quote "The Field of Dreams", "If you build it, they will come..."

Our camp is sandwiched in between Bike Fit Training, so whatever dry goods we don't consume gets used next week. The horses will savor the extra carrots and the dogs will devour the leftover carnivorous treats if you're unable to make it ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I think I'm in this year as well. Probably arriving Thurs afternoon or Friday morning (will confirm when I've booked plane tickets.) I haven't decided if I want to lug my bike down there or not, so I might borrow one of the stable bikes if possible (I'm 5' 9", so hopefully there will be something I can ride.)

Looks like we've got an awesome group going, so I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, no doubt about it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoop, Whoop, Whoop!!! Extra, special, glad that you are coming Michelle! You and I can plod through the desert again!

Yes, at your size, there is a veritable stable of bikes for you to ride. Dan doesn't have anything for the little womens, so I'm bringing both my road and tri bikes.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very much looking forward to it Sally! I shall pack my most whimsical bike jerseys in your honor... ;-P

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going to be one amazing camp! I can't wait to see some old friends and make new ones.

Should we do the gift exchange like we did in 2008 (the last time I made it to camp)? That was so much fun.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instigator wrote:
This is going to be one amazing camp! I can't wait to see some old friends and make new ones.

Should we do the gift exchange like we did in 2008 (the last time I made it to camp)? That was so much fun.

Great idea! Maximum gift price to be, say ~$20?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Great idea! Maximum gift price to be, say ~$20?

That is about what we did last time ($20). Everyone brought something that they would think the others would like. Some of the gifts were regional like a wine or candy and others were just cute fun gifts. I can't remember if we drew names at the event did a direct exchange with 1 other individual or if we placed all of the gifts in the center and drew names for the order we picked our mystery gift. Either way it was a good time and I still wear the socks I got from mdraegerpnw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annual bonus should hit the bank tomorrow. I'll buy my tickets then. So looking forward to this!! Work already knows I'm taking the day off.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tickets purchased!

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next