Prev Next
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drats... you will be missed!!!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to try and wing it onto the front of my trip to japan, but will definitely need a loaner bike ;-) Fingers crossed!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goodie!! I look forward to meeting you in person!!!

As long as you're not super-short, like I am, there is a super selection of bikes to ride.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worse case, I can run & swim and skip the riding. I'd prolly only be interested in MTB anyways ;-)

I think I'd be arriving Wed and departing early afternoon Sat.

AP

EDIT: Travel approved by boss, so I'll be there on Wed! WooHoo! Monty, what you got for MTB in small sizing? ;-)

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Feb 1, 12 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm finalizing timing with instigator and as soon as we do I'm pulling the trigger on tickets! I can always call into work sick :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tickets purchased!!! I am flying into LAX on Thursday night and out on Monday afternoon but will be driving JenSw back to the airport on Sunday. Flights were way cheaper if I had a day in LA (like $250 less). I will likely be bringing a bike but haven't decided on which (road vs rental). I am thinking my road since I am not the tallest around and mountain bikes are much more friendlier on sizing. Are their any mountain bike loaners available as I would love to get some riding in with AndyPants?

Hmmm, or maybe I bring the cross and 2 sets of wheels. What will everyone else be riding?
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEEEEEEEEET! Glad you're coming! I'll be driving in from Las Vegas with my tri-bike. If you can fit onto a 47cm road bike, I'd be happy to bring my Trek with 700c wheels.

If I recall correctly, Dan's selection on smaller bikes is pretty limited. The first year I attended the Womens Camp, I rode on a 51c frame, but I'm only 5'2".

Let me know; traveling with two bikes isn't much harder than with one...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may take you up on that offer. I am also 5'2 so your road bike would be a decent fit. It would be fun to be able to ride both road and mountain since I'll be doing mainly xterras this year but know most of you all will be on the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm happy to help and will plan on bringing both bikes! If you don't ride it, I may do the Big Hill Climb and check my time against last year's 1 hour 11 minutes.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have another women from Chicago wanting to join us! She is a reader of the forum but not a poster.....
Last edited by: instigator: Feb 13, 12 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST Lurkers are welcome too ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to check several calendars ... looks like I'm on Spring Break, so may head up from the OC. Both my bikes are 48s, sorry no mountain bike though.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent; I look forward to meeting you!

Monty said that there is a Masters swim meet that weekend, so if you'd like to cross over and be a swimming swimmer, here's your chance ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't swam in a swim meet in about 12 years, but go to them often as an official. Looks like you have to register in advance for the meet. I've worked many meets with the person accepting the meet entries.
Here's a link to the meet form: http://www.clubassistant.com/...ritaSCYApril2012.pdf

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty is looking for 10+ Womens to join him for our Spring Training Camp, April 12-15. as of now, with a little less than two months to go, we have a roster as follows:
1. Trackie clm
2. SallyShortyPnts
3. Instigator H
4. JenSW
5. AndyPants
6. SDCali
7. Gail
8. Liz
9. Kristi
10. Emmy
11. Mdraegerpnw
12. Gee
13. Shelby

Womens, this has every possibility of being an EPIC camp on the order of the inaugural camp from many years ago! I am thrilled that so many are planning to come! Please post, PM, or email your intentions if you are interested in what will be a memorable weekend. Monty, make sure those water tanks are full for all the showers that are bound to come ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Mar 14, 12 7:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can ad my friend Liz to that list. She is definitely in, although she likely won't post her herself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! We will have an invigorating mix of regular contributors and lurkers too! I am psyched for this!!!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I can't promise, but we just might have a very special dinner guest (or 3) one evening.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic!

Planning to arrive Wed and I have to leave LAX for Narita, JP on Sat. Not bringing a bike, but will bring gear for riding - see what kind of steeds are available ;-)

AP

EDIT: got my itinerary, I arrive in LAX on Wed at noon, and leave LAX on Sat at noon.

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Feb 23, 12 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like there is a good chance I'm in this year. Now I just need to catch up with everyone's comments and see if I can coordinate with anyone else!
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic!!!

10 years of watching this forum; you must have seen a lot of changes; I look forward to meeting you. As we get closer, the womens flying in from around the world will mostly converge on LAX. We'll try to share as much as possible to help you coordinate your travel plans.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the cost? Any spots left?
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [Emmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emmy wrote:
What's the cost? Any spots left?

This is Monty's post #22 on this thread...

SBR posted the description of our place up here, if you have more pointed questions, Sally or Cathy can fill you in, as they know the place as well as i do! As to costs, it is $65 a day(24 hour period), as all your food, drinks, snacks, ect are included in the cost. I will cook your dinners every night, and also much of the breakfast. You are on your own for lunch, but there is plenty to choose from and you have a full kitchen to work in. Since everyone is on their own schedules, it is just easier that way. As sally said, you can train as much or as little as you like, and at whatever pace. It is more about the getting together and just having some fun, and a little party. As was pointed out, there is a local swim meet that weekend, so if you are inclined, i will probably go and anyone who wants to join is welcome. We sit at about 4200ft, and you look out at about 10,000ft mountains, the air is clean, and the roads are great and clear of traffic. There are 100's of miles of single track trails for running or MTB, and we have loaner bikes for those that wish to leave the hassle and cost of bringing a bike. Just let me know if you are going to need one...Sleeping is two to a room, each with their own bed, and there are some cabin and movie star trailer options for the light sleepers.

So far been a mild winter up here, but that time of year can be really nice, usually in the 70's as the high, and almost always sunny as we are in the high desert..

As for room, Monty's looking for 10+ and you would be lucky number 11! I would be willing to sleep in the barn if need be, (it was good enough for Jesus ;-) Camp is more fun with added womens, so please come for any or all of the event. Some will come early and stay late; others will only be there for a single meal, but all are welcome who read this post!

Please post again if you plan on attending; we look forward to hopefully meeting you in person!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Mar 1, 12 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, I am really working hard on having a special guest or two.....

Cross your fingers!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Spring Womens Training Camp [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:
And, I am really working hard on having a special guest or two.....

Cross your fingers!

You are too coy, Cathy! Camp already places the womens in the company of triathlon legends, like Dan Empfield and Mark Montgomery. A hint is that our dinner guests *may be * current super-stars and industry drivers of the sport!

I hope that as many as possible can make it this year. Cathy, please keep us posted regarding our tentative dinner guests and what night they'll attend.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next