Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2009 ST women's training camp
Quote | Reply
Is this on anyone's radar yet? Do we want to start tossing dates out? Xantusia again or somepace else next year? AZ? Boulder? What other places would have warm weather in April?
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it can be within driving distance for us PNWers (although technically I'm a BCSouthCoaster) that would be cool. Or if it's within distance of Oregon, or something like that, and one of those lovely womens is driving and wants to carpool. Basically, I just don't want to have to fly. Too poor! lol

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If it can be within driving distance for us PNWers (although technically I'm a BCSouthCoaster) that would be cool. Or if it's within distance of Oregon, or something like that, and one of those lovely womens is driving and wants to carpool. Basically, I just don't want to have to fly. Too poor! lol
I guess AZ is out... but it's soooo nice here in April (Tucson! Mt. Lemmon! TriSports warehouse!)! As long as it isn't CA 70.3 weeked (April 4). I've never done an ST training weekend, but it sounds awesome. I vote AZ then Oregon then Colorado, and I vote for 3rd or 4th weekend.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hawaii? Anyone votes for Hawaii?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote would be Xantusia again. That place would be hard to beat. Great riding and running (never been to the pool, so I can't comment on that). Cheap accommodations, great food and wine, hot tub, puppies to love, lots of space, beautiful scenery. Should I go on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its all about timing for me. I've got my first 100 mile ultra on April 4th so that will probably knock me out for a while from training. I suppose I could always come down and sit in the hot tub for the weekend. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A very important fact for those considering coming... We've had people come who train long, train short and not train at all. So, don't think that one needs to be in tip top shape to attend. It's all about the fun, wine and hot tub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be going to Xantusia.

The date will depend on what works for Dan and Monty.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote is for Boulder, then Xantusia. If there were pie in the sky, I would say immediately before or after IMCali 70.3 (April 4).

It's expensive to fly bike and I twice to the same place (southern California) from Kansas.

I must be in a haiku mood.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its good that the priorities are straight!

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I wasn't coming in less than 2 days now (wooooooooooooohooooooooooo) my vote would totally be for Hawaii. I would love to see Xantusia... looks just amazing!

Quote | Reply
If it's earlier in April, and if plane fares are not astronomically high, and if I can rent a bike (I think I remember about that being available this past year), there's a chance I could do it too. It sounds too good to miss!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BOULDER BOULDER BOULDER :-)

maybe i am biased...I am moving there this winter

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say Xantusia again but could easily be talked into going just about anywhere. It would be great to get a date soon as my April is starting to fill up with the 5K race I RD, a potential training camp with my coach in the Blue Ridge Mtns, and some work stuff. Everything but the 5K can be worked around but I would love to try to swing all!
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Team Xantusia has to go to Xantusia for at least one camp per year! Perhaps next year we can all do a Kona party with Maggs for IM Hawaii. Also, we are going to be hard pressed to find a place with such great riding, weather, and accomodations.
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty is here in Hawaii and he and Dan have the camp on their radar. They are finalizing the other fit camp dates and will once that is done, will get back to me.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a PNW travel challenged, you might want to consider this training camp and maybe include the DVRTT. I've participated in some of the well run RAO events. The venues are great and Terri & George are very serious about coaching and cycling.

http://www.raceacrossoregon.com/...rao-performance-camp

Who knows, you could get hooked on the ultra stuff :)

Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 ST women's training camp [JBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't be doing any training camps unless it's a Xantusia one. Thanks for the idea though.

Quote | Reply
Unfortunately between healing the broken leg (here's to learning how to walk again in 2009 - so training camp may be ambitious!) and my sister's wedding at the end of April down in Mexico I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to come this year. However, from a financial standpoint I will say that one of the nice things about Xantusia is that for those flying in you can typically borrow bikes (if you ask really really nicely). That at least cuts out the hassle and expense of flying with the bike which may be hard to match at other locals.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Boulder!!! Why not train at altitude?

COtrimom

Quote Reply