Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

10th Year Wedding Anniversary
Quote | Reply
On Friday I will be celebrating my 10th year wedding anniversary. Does anyone have a good gift idea? Money is not really an issue. I am looking for an actual gift that I can purchase not some "coupons" that can be redeemed for a massage. She already has good diamond earrings but not much else jewelry. I know this is short notice but that's how I operate.

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: 10th Year Wedding Anniversary [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell us a little about her. What does she like to do?
Quote Reply
Re: 10th Year Wedding Anniversary [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is a partner at a CPA firm so she works incredibly long hours. Other than that she likes to travel. We are going on a 15 day Safari in Botswana next month. She loves animals and photography. I think she would really like a high end digital camera but that doesn't seem like an anniversary gift? That is why I thought the Womens could help me out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For your trip, a nice camera sounds like a great gift. You can spruce it up by doing something romantic, there was another thread about someone's husband who drew her a bath and put rocks around the tub with love notes written on them. You could steal that idea, its a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year on our 10th anniversary my hubby bought me a 10th anniversary ring. It has 10 small diamonds.

I wear it right next to my wedding ring. I LOVE IT and have looked at it everyday (what it represents) for over a year now.

Happy Anniversary (soon).

Quote | Reply
Now were talking. Is this available at most jewelry stores? Also, her wedding ring is gold. Will that be a problem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That anniversary ring is beautiful and very meaningful. I don't know a single woman who would not love that ring. I don't think you can go wrong....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try bluenile.com. They have a good selection of rings and are really good to work with. My family (my husband and I and my parents) has used them several times and have always been pleased with the results.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most jewelry stores will carry this type of ring. They are pretty common. In fact, my husband just called the store he bought my wedding ring at, told them want he wanted over the phone and picked it up after work. Easy sqeezy!! You should be able to get it in gold too. I know it was available at our store.

Happy Trails...

Quote | Reply
Many women will replace their engagement ring/wedding ring with their anniversary band once they get one, so it doesn't necessarily have to complement her wedding band.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not on ten years yet but I designed my wife's engagement ring myself.

She loves pink and loves hearts.

Part of the design was to hollow out under the front and rear sections of the ring so I could add bands. Someone else said people will retire the old one but I think it is more sentimental to wear it forever and add to it :-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: 10th Year Wedding Anniversary [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - that is really nice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite annivarsary gifts my husband got me was my bike trainer. It is proof that he "got" me and knew what was important to me.

Jewelry is great but if you want this to be unique, go with the camera. She'll love it for the trip and it isn't something she'll likely get for herself. To me, that is what make a great gift.

My favorite Valentine's gift from my husband was a burr coffee grinder. Seems unromantic but it was pefect because he knows I love coffee. I never would have though to get one for myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply