Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "The Womens" 2008 Goals Thread [kitboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, I'd just like to say this is the coolest website I've ever seen!

Goals 2008/2009 for cycling:

1. Get my cat. 2 upgrade
2. Repeat win ACCC championship individual and TTT (with the most amazing girls EVER, love you guys!)
3. Win Redish Knob hill climb
4. Try out for the Armed Forces team (and make it!)

I've never shared my goals before, its a little nerve racking to throw them out there for all to see... :o) Thanks for giving me an opportunity to step outside my comfort zone.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" 2008 Goals Thread [cold-water] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read the post about good/bad goal setting...mine falls into the bad category....haha, I'll add to it, I guess that's what happens when you get to excited about something and do it in a hurry.

eek.

cold-water
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome and you have some great goals! Be sure check in with us weekly on the weekly goals thread :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2008/2009 cycling goal cont.

In order to accomplish my goals: I must be FOCUSED, and disciplined in my training without over training, something I've struggled with in the past. This year I think I've finally figured out how to balance my desire to improve and succeed with my training gains vs. time, limits. I'm having more fun and seeing bigger gains then ever before!
Sort term focuses include:
1. Improve my time trial position, which I will get to do this weekend when I take a trip to Cadence (yay LT, and VO2 max test in the same day...) I've always just sorta gone off strength, I totally lack finesse.
2. Keep a positive attitude, sometimes I mentally defeat myself before the race even starts. For me its important to realize that a bad race doesn't equal a bad cyclist.
3. Envision myself succeeding, because what the body can't overcome, sometimes the mind can.

cold-water
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" 2008 Goals Thread [allanjel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE:

The HIM I signed up for canceled it's swim & my foot was bothering me, so I 86'dthe entire race to avoid any further injury.
The Oly was completely canceled as I had my sights set on Great Lakes Escape
Women's 2-person relay at Akron. Well, we broke last year's time and won the race, but missed the record set in the 1st or 2nd year (Bummer).
Finally, headed to Philly for my marathon and went sub-3:40 to qualify for Boston. ( 2009 will undoubtedly hold a "new" marathon goal time for me now).

Plan did not go very well, but my "A" goal was the marathon and even though I did not read the directions and post in order of importance (rather by date of competition...sorry) I got the BIG ONE.

Hope everyone else was successful in their endeavors.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" 2008 Goals Thread [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, how did everyone do on their 2008 goals?

Me? Not so good since training changed mid-year. On to 2009!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" 2008 Goals Thread [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did about 50/50. Didn't hit my weightloss goals, as usual. But, I did get my runner across the finish line at Badwater and set a PR at IMCdA. Didn't end up doing the 50 miler or Boise Half.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did surprisingly well on my goals. PR'd Lake Stevens, (though not by as much as I would have liked) signed up for IMC and followed my training plan pretty faithfully. Didn't do as well on my nutrition and weight goals, but feel like I'm slowly but surely starting to get them under control. On to 2009!

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say I was quite successful. While I never did get my date (but I really didn't try very hard) and I am not sure I can say that I had fun every minute of IMWI, I am overall happy with my 2008 season. On to 2009!
Quote Reply

Prev Next