Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yoga for Athlete's in Training
Quote | Reply
The Studio, a Yoga Studio located in downtown Madison, WI on the corner of John Nolen and Williamson St. in the historic Machinery Row building, is offering an amazing cross-training series for athletes:

Yoga for Athletes in Training: The Series

This is a four week series where each class will focus on:

Flexibility: Opening the areas that tighten during intense training

Strength Diversity: Full engagement of the core and other support muscle groups

Restoration: Full relaxation of the body and mind...allowing the 'rest' necessary to achieve your personal best.

Each week will be themed on a specific area of the body:
  • Legs: Working with stabilization for all major joints with a lot of love to hammies, calves and quads.
  • Hips: IT work, hip flexors and movements that ease hip tension and ease the low back.
  • Shoulders, Neck and Arms: Releasing those super tight areas that get tension from running and cycling for miles.
  • Back/Full Body Focus: Coming back to some of the tightest ares, focusing on specific twists for lats and low back.

This series is held in our heated Studio A to help release muscle tension and build heat tolerance for Summer training sessions and races.

WHEN: Four consecutive Sundays 3:30-4:30pm. June 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd, 2014.

THE INSTRUCTOR: Meet The Studio instructor Kate Moore. Kate has trained for several marathons and triathlons herself.

‘Whether I was training for a marathon or triathlon, my yoga practice helped build strength and endurance. It also provided the flexibility that I needed in order to keep myself injury free. Over the course of a few months though, I began to notice that my practice was not only a fantastic way to cross-train for my next athletic event, but that it also left me feeling energized and light on my feet.’

COST:
The Studio Members: $65
Non-Members: $80

WHERE: 625 Williamson Street Madison, WI

FULL PROGRAM INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: http://thestudiomadison.com/2014/yoga-for-athletes-in-training-the-series/

Quote Reply