Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications!
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to let everyone here know the new TEAM ZOOT is open for applications for 2014.

Zoot is currently accepting applications from US based amateur triathletes for the new 2014 TEAM ZOOT. Launched in 2006, the original Zoot Ultra Team was comprised of 35 elite amateur and professional athletes primarily focusing on 70.3 and IRONMAN racing. The new TEAM ZOOT will be approximately 10-15 athletes by region, totaling 150-200 across America. ZOOT, Team Sports, and our other partner brands look forward to supporting the team as they accomplish their goals and compete in the sport they love.

https://docs.google.com/...?edit_requested=true

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just clicked on your link just to see what is there. I would suggest that you add a field called, "How will you promote the team/sponsors and add value to our business". It is kind of there with "why do you want to be part of team Zoot", but most applicants won't even realize that they are there to promote the team sponsors, not to get free stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre-requisites?
Xterra too?
Sponsor obligations?
Race obligations?
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's probably the reason for the social media question. I mean, what better way to promote zoot than seeing a selfie of me in the shower wearing a white zoot kit!!??
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I get a lot of dumb feeds from pro triathletes on my facebook with a pictures of themselves or a piece of kit like the people who send pictures of what they are going to eat. But, as consumers what we are likely looking are those pieces of information that add additional value (as Jordan Rapp might do). Just saying, "oooh, my helmet is really fast and looks awesome" probably does not add much value in terms of the consumer parting with their money and buying the product. I suppose to some degree, I'm posting this to help people with their applications....."Don't ask what your country will do for you, ask yourself what will you do for your country" (or however Kennedy said it. This applies across the business world so hopefully the guys applying will articulate what they will do for the team (sheeesh, it's not even my team) !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I just clicked on your link just to see what is there. I would suggest that you add a field called, "How will you promote the team/sponsors and add value to our business". It is kind of there with "why do you want to be part of team Zoot", but most applicants won't even realize that they are there to promote the team sponsors, not to get free stuff.

Yeah, we feel comfortable we can identify folks who will be effective brand ambassadors for both ZOOT and our other partner sponsors which includes Ceepo, Garmin, Lake Cycling, Smith Optics, Bonk Breakers, FuelBelt, GU, TriBike Transport, and a few others TBD. This team will be less performance biased then the smaller previous ZOOT Ultra Team, we want to be more inclusive and expand our presence.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the application deadline?
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironma'am wrote:
What is the application deadline?

We are going to keep it open for about 2 weeks.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Submitted mine!.... then promptly realized I forgot to put down my email address.... DOH!
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [TriRyno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have had a few come in where we seriously question some folks reading comprehension skills. ;)

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Yeah, we feel comfortable we can identify folks who will be effective brand ambassadors for both ZOOT and our other partner sponsors which includes Ceepo, Garmin, Lake Cycling, Smith Optics, Bonk Breakers, FuelBelt, GU, TriBike Transport, and a few others TBD. This team will be less performance biased then the smaller previous ZOOT Ultra Team, we want to be more inclusive and expand our presence.

so responding: why not?

to the question: why do you want to be on the team was not a good answer?
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, damn, I was going to use that!!

I think anyone on ST should automatically be disqualified for wasting too much time on here instead of actual training!!
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Lol, damn, I was going to use that!!

I think anyone on ST should automatically be disqualified for wasting too much time on here instead of actual training!!

No no....ST is not replacement for training time. Guys on ST train plenty. This is how the world works. Corporations pay guys to come to work. But instead of doing work which is less fun than triathlon, Slowman gets free labour from those corporations when everyone arrives here, instead of crunch spreadsheets or chase down customers at the end of quarters to pull in revenue artificially to hit the EPS numbers that Wall street wants.... This is genius. Why develop any real products or services, when you can just get a bunch of guys to talk about nothing and get advertisers to pay for the entire scam ? I think Slowman was watching a Seinfeld episode when he hatched up the idea for this site. "If these guys can get rich creating a show about stupid things in New York, I can surely create a show about stupid things in triathlon and then get people to create content for free....."

Edti: (sorry, typos fixed....I hate typing on my Galaxy Tab....need a real keyboard)
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 9, 13 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genius.
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

so responding: why not?

to the question: why do you want to be on the team was not a good answer?

Responding "Get laid" would have been better. :)

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How dare you! Now I'm butt-hurt...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't need a team for that. :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
We have had a few come in where we seriously question some folks reading comprehension skills. ;)
That's probably me! But oh well we'll see...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

I have to be able to read too?
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to reiterate the Team is not all about performance. We are looking for great brand ambassadors who are positive, active in their local Tri community, active in social media, ect. We will expect all team members to race in the team kit and wear our shoes at races. Otherwise it's as much about personality as performance.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there, I submitted an application but I just realized that one of the sponsorships to which I have already committed for 2014 would conflict with Team Zoot participation. I do intend to apply, again, in the future and want to avoid wasting your time while also honoring the commitment that I have already made. There's no email contact listed so I'm wondering how I might be able to retract my application without publicly sharing my personal information. Thank you and I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! I'm new to the world of ambassadorship and my enthusiasm got the better of me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, 3 hours later mine is submitted! It was crazy to lock back at old results and see where I've improved and had utter failures! Thanks for the trip down memory lane and I look forward to hearing back soon!
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [cdog781] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdog781 wrote:
Hi there, I submitted an application but I just realized that one of the sponsorships to which I have already committed for 2014 would conflict with Team Zoot participation. I do intend to apply, again, in the future and want to avoid wasting your time while also honoring the commitment that I have already made. There's no email contact listed so I'm wondering how I might be able to retract my application without publicly sharing my personal information. Thank you and I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! I'm new to the world of ambassadorship and my enthusiasm got the better of me.

Just PM me with your name, I'll forward that to the correct people.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aside from wearing team kit/shoes and having some sort of presence on social media, what sort of expectations are there, in both directions? Ie, you must write X blog entries, race Y times at least Z of which must be 70.3 or longer, etc, as well as any other sort of commitments like volunteer at this, this, or this race, attend this expo...and then on the flipside, what could we expect in return? Are we talking more along the lines of gear or discounts, or some combination thereof?

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: TEAM ZOOT 2014 now accepting applications! [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, nothing as specific as blog entries or race requirements per se, simply someone who is a positive and known quantity in their local market, who engages actively using social media, who is participating in races but not a specific number. We would certainly prefer to see team members racing the larger WTC, Rev., Challenge, long course races or large competitive short course events, XTERRA, run races, ect. We have partnered with the brands I have mentioned and will have support which will be a combination of discounted pricing as well as some items provided for all team members at no cost.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply

Prev Next