Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
I just checked it on Amazon, and it said "Customers who bought this item also bought a rope and a stool."
Chains and whips is one thing... but rope and stool takes it to a whole new level of kinky.

---
U of N Alabama: Triathlon & XC
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you sign my Kindle? App allows authors to hold eBook signings from anywhere in world
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...s-Kindles-iPads.html
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should have known there's an ap for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got mine in the mail today. I ordered it yesterday with free two day shipping and it said it would come on the 18th.

If only more places can ship that fast.

Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't forget your other LBS -- local book store.

There are some that sell google ebooks

thanks
barry
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [ktj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine also arrived today...looking forward to digging into it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bought it!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #229 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#1 in Books > Sports > Individual Sports > Triathlon
#1 in Books > Health, Mind & Body > Exercise & Fitness > Triathlons
#3 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Sports & Outdoors
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who collaborates and occasionally ghostwrites books -- the difference most of us draw is whether our names are included on the books -- I can tell you that most sports autobiographies/fitness books/business motivational tomes are produced by professional writers whose job it is to draw the material out of the expert/celebrity/prominent person and write the book quickly and effectively.

Macca, like most successful people, does not have the time to write a book himself. Fortunately there are enough of us out there who can do the heavy lifting quickly and effectively. In that sense, it's no different than home improvement projects. There are many things I know I could do, but it would take me three times as long and the work would not be as good as that done by a professional contractor. Better to focus on one's core competency.

The problems come when the subject either does not give the writer enough time/information, resulting in a flimsy book, or fails to review the drafts. That's how you end up with someone like Charles Barkley or David Wells, who claimed they were misquoted in their own books. They weren't. It's just they didn't bother to review the drafts of the books and say, "You know, what I said was a little harsh. Let's change that."

http://www.endurancesportsflorida.com
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Pete Williams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is his ghostwriter something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS_lD9_Ur3g
He's a ghost, and he writes to us.

Quote | Reply
Bought! Wonder if i'm the first in NZ :)

Update - 94% of people who viewed this page bought this book, that's awesome! Wonder if Macca see's the click through / referal sites and realises Slowtwitch <3's him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Last edited by: AlphaQ: May 17, 11 23:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased Kindle edition.

Does purchasing the Kindle edition effect the regular book rankings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought mine using my wife's Nook Color last night from B&N and it put it in 'Preorder' status with availability of May 23rd. I ordered the 'enhanced' version with the videos, though. Don't know if that matters.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered it on audio CD unabridged...I have a 40 minute work commute every morning :-)

Quote | Reply
AlphaQ wrote:

Nope.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [gildasd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gildasd wrote:
I always knew that he could make full sentences, and write them down, and on something other than in the sand at low tide surrounded by beach bums, using the alphabet. Must have surprised more than one sheep fiddler from across the Tasman Sea.

Nothing surprises us - when it comes to the Irish of the Pacific....
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [UNAtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UNAtriguy wrote:
davetallo wrote:
I just checked it on Amazon, and it said "Customers who bought this item also bought a rope and a stool."

Chains and whips is one thing... but rope and stool takes it to a whole new level of kinky.

You gotta stop listening to Rihanna.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:
AlphaQ wrote:

Nope.

We should have thought about combining shipping between a few of us, all paying $13 shipping is not the smartest. Oh Well :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an audio version but it's not on audible. Damn!

Just got it on the kindle but now I want to listen to it while I train.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the CD version and it says that it should be here between the 20th-26th...

Quote | Reply
Mine came today!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered it...

Quote | Reply
It's on audible now. Now do I interrupt the final 20-something hours of Atlas Shrugged to listen to Macca? Hmmm.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca mentions SlowTwitch giving him 7 to 1 odds at Kona for 2010, on page 190.

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next