Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Outlaw Triathlon Photos
Quote | Reply
I have created a gallery of images from the Outlaw at www.triathlon-questions.com in the BLOG section. I was an official photographer covering the event in a editorial fashion for One Step Beyond.
I suggest you watch the slideshow first as the images are larger (if on a desktop machine) and then look at the stills and captions.
It was really inspiring seeing everyone race on Sunday in those hot conditions. I am doing Bolton Ironman in less than 4 weeks now and the reality of it all hit home!
Well done to everyone for competing!

One time fat man now an Ironman
Publisher of the FREE Triathlon magazine Different Perspective
Quote Reply
Re: Outlaw Triathlon Photos [Tri Questions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great pictures! I did the half outlaw a month or so again and am very tempted to do the full next year - as long as the weather is as good!
Quote Reply
Re: Outlaw Triathlon Photos [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the 1/2 as well 4 weeks ago :).

I really did enjoy it and it was my first 70.3. I really did feel for the athletes on Sunday as when we did it the run was hot enough, but it must have been double that for them. I think it proved to be a real test over and beyond a Long Distance course is anyway as we simply have not had any heat to train in.

Book up for next year - I think it will be amazing!
Quote Reply
Re: Outlaw Triathlon Photos [Tri Questions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As one of the survivors I can attest to the difficulty out there, everyone I know had a really hard time of it on the run. For me, I hit a new PB but only had IM Austria from 2012 (hottest on record) to compare against! I hit 10:46, courtesy of a very difficult 4hr run/shuffle. Carnage on the run course, lots of casualties!

You got a couple of pictures of guys from our club (The GB kit girl with the sun lotion and the bloke in Wakefield kit running down the chute with his kids), I'm going to point them in the direction of your blog if that's ok.

Great race, if anyone is looking for full distance in the UK this is the one, slightly lower key than MDot but a great close knit family feel. The volunteers were fabulous.
Quote Reply
Re: Outlaw Triathlon Photos [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me more about the carnage on the run please? I have Bolton in 3 weeks and if it is going to be super hot I would like to know what I might be dealing with so I can prepare a little!

Get your club mates to email me and I will send them a photo of themselves FoC :) Loved seeing the families run down the chute with the athletes.

I did the 1/2 Outlaw 4 weeks before and that was great - love these events and can't wait until next year to take on the course again!

One time fat man now an Ironman
Publisher of the FREE Triathlon magazine Different Perspective
Quote Reply