Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon!
Quote | Reply
some of you remember that last year, when mark (4th at kona in '82) sisson's book "primal blueprint" debuted on amazon, a lot of us who chose to buy the book chose to do so from amazon more/less at the same time. the idea was to see if we could get it near the top of the "health, mind and body" charts. well, we got it to #1, and it kept climbing. in fact, sisson's book climbed to #2 on amazon's overall list, and only michael lewis' bestselling "the big short" was beyond its reach.

macca's book has just his the stores. are we ready to give this another go? here's a link to amazon's page for I'm Here to Win: A World Champion's Advice for Peak Performance.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for reference: macca's book is sitting at #69 in amazon's "sports" category as of this morning.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ELAINE: So, get this: Mister Peterman is finally letting me do some real writing. He's got this book deal, for his autobiography. He's gonna let me ghost write it.
JERRY: Wow. That's great! When it comes out, I'll have to get someone to ghost read it.

Couldn't resist. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we have an excerpted chapter here. if it's ghostwritten, i think maybe i'll hire the ghostwriter as my coach.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we have an excerpted chapter here. if it's ghostwritten, i think maybe i'll hire the ghostwriter as my coach.

Some of it must have been:

About the Author Chris McCormack "Macca" was born in Sydney, Australia on April 4, 1973. He won titles and awards for his participation in sports during his school years, but initially chose education over a pro sports career and became an accountant after graduating from the University of New South Wales. He began competing professionally in 1996, and most recently, won the 2010 Ironman World Championship in Honolulu.

Tim Vandehey is a professional ghostwriter, book collaborator and "book doctor." Since 2004, he has ghostwritten or co-written more than 30 books in the self-improvement, memoir, sports, spiritual, health, business, and financial genres. They include Produced by Faith with DeVon Franklin, Running on Faith with Jason Lester, and How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life with Mark Victor Hansen and Art Linkletter. Tim lives on Bainbridge Island, Washington, with his wife and two daughters.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not prepared to parse the line between copy editing, book fixing, and ghostwriting; obviously tim vandehey was more than a copy editor, it seems to me much less than a ghostwriter. as i said, read the chapter we've excerpted. tell me if you think that's ghostwritten.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm not prepared to parse the line between copy editing, book fixing, and ghostwriting; obviously tim vandehey was more than a copy editor, it seems to me much less than a ghostwriter. as i said, read the chapter we've excerpted. tell me if you think that's ghostwritten.

I don't think that portion was at all. It sounds a lot like him (or at least from what I have heard from him).
It will be a good read I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered it

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supposed to have my copy by Wednesday which works perfectly since I have 12 hours of flight time plus airport time in the next 10 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered it yesterday.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't you just write a whole post about hawking goods and services on the forum? Just sayin'...
Last edited by: oxidefilm: May 16, 11 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [oxidefilm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oxidefilm wrote:
Didn't you just write a whole post about hocking goods and services on the forum? Just sayin'...

Nope. he wrote a whole post about hocking goods and services on HIS forum.

I pre-ordered it for my kindle a while back. Waiting for download "by May 23" at last check.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to wrangle a review copy and looking forward to reviewing it. He's a great character.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hocking - like a loogie, or putting something you own into hock or pawn for $.

Hawking - Peddling, vending, selling goods.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pre-ordered it from Amazon, received it Friday, and read the first 100 pages on Saturday. It's really very good. Perfect taper reading and it helped inspire me to have a good performance at a duathlon yesterday on my old school black and blue Kestrel Talon like Macca used to ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is it that Amazon already has 'used' copies of this book???

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Nope. he wrote a whole post about hocking goods and services on HIS forum.

hocking? Come on, Princeton...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought mine from Amazon, you can do the same I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered it on Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. Ready to be inspired?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the affiliate $ from Amazon from your link going back into the forums? That'd be cool too! We could get some cool reading and contribute to the maintenance of our forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you hawk a loogie. I have made the appropriate edit.

Jordan--touché.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
everything goes back into the forums. but, use whatever method you want to buy the book, or, buy from another site. i buy from amazon because i have an account and it's easy. i finished a kindle book last night while lying in bed, downloaded another and started in.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have and use an Amazon account, and certainly care to support the places I hang out at (like this one) whenever I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
About the Author Chris McCormack "Macca" ... most recently, won the 2010 Ironman World Championship in Honolulu.

That's really impressive, considering the Ironman hasn't been in Honolulu since 1980.
Quote Reply

Prev Next