Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
I'm trying to wrangle a review copy and looking forward to reviewing it. He's a great character.

Or you could just buy it...

Besides if its like your other reviews it will be a five star 10/10 anyway!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [oxidefilm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oxidefilm wrote:
No, you hawk a loogie. I have made the appropriate edit.

Jordan--touché.

Nicely done - you doubled down and now are 0-for-2.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/...rm=hock%20a%20loogie

Perhaps you might want to check this out?

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm feeling a bit better - apparently you're an asshole to everyone.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been a fan of slang, it's too proletarian...the King's English however--

hawk
transitive verb
: to raise by trying to clear the throat <hawk up phlegm>
intransitive verb
: to utter a harsh guttural sound in or as if in hawking
Origin: imitative.
First use: 1581
hawk
noun
: an audible effort to force up phlegm from the throat
First use: 1604
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kindle edition ordered.

Damn Kindle. So easy to buy books. Much faster than reading them.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtrik wrote:
Kindle edition ordered.

Damn Kindle. So easy to buy books. Much faster than reading them.

Ditto.

And... ditto on the second thing too.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked it on Amazon, and it said "Customers who bought this item also bought a rope and a stool."
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
I just checked it on Amazon, and it said "Customers who bought this item also bought a rope and a stool."

True but I bought the rope and the stool first.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I was totally going to pass on this whole thing completely but that excerpt surprisingly changed my mind. The whole "skeleton" method he uses for his training is exactly how I've always thought of my training. I'm interested in reading more about that part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Nook Color version of the book has video of Macca. Sweet!

Done. Unfortunately, this does not help Dan's goal ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After Chopper Read's stab at the gostwriter, this is the most anticipated written word to come out of the ex penal colonies since, er, last Sunday's "Sun Herald" (now contains more than pictures of Kylie's bum - words, it's the new thing).
I always knew that he could make full sentences, and write them down, and on something other than in the sand at low tide surrounded by beach bums, using the alphabet. Must have surprised more than one sheep fiddler from across the Tasman Sea.

More back info HERE and HERE.

I'm ordering this now. If it is half as entertaining as his blog, it's worth it.

http://brokeniron.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Page 47: Macca likes BG Fit more than FIST!!! Zing!!! ;)

Whatever happened after your fit session, Dan? I just saw some of the grainy video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Great idea and excellent strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You just moved your finger, thats Wonderful!

Member - Teamfirefighter.com
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Whatever happened after your fit session, Dan? I just saw some of the grainy video."

i see no space between the fit with macca up at our compound about 3 years ago and the way he's riding his bike now. his position is, in my opinion, much better than it was, say, 5 or 6 years ago. if BG has added value to the process of macca achieving an optimized position, so much the better.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday morning, the book was #69 on the amazon bestseller list, sports category. this morning it's #8. we're making some progress. more yet to be made.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered...looking forward to this read!

< Quitting Isn't An Option >

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll order it tonight. Don't fret about the ghost writing, as someone who works for a massive book publisher, I can safely say you'd be floored if you knew how many books are ghost written.

Macca is an awesome athlete, no doubt, but it takes a LOT to write well.

This doesn't mean the ideas and thoughts aren't his, more likely he was interview extensively and the taped notes were used to "spice" things up by someone with some experience writing. This is generally the case for L.A.'s books Dean's books and more. They're all good reads, ghostwritten or not.

Anyway, I'll probably go the Kindle route too.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Kindle edition largely as an experiment. I prefer a hardback, and don't actually own a Kindle (iPad), but will be doing a lot of traveling in the near future and have been meaning to experiment with how good/awful it is to actually try and read a book on this damn thing.

As for the book itself, didn't have a ton of interest in it until I read the excerpt, but found myself agreeing much more than I expected.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca's book is just out: Let's Climb this baby up Amazon! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Macca said in the interview below, he is looking beyond Amazon. So it is all good. :-)

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...he_sees_it_2070.html

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the Kindle version, and then I realized that I might want to try to get him to sign the book (I have a collection of athlete books signed by the athletes), I wonder if he'll sign my Kindle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kindle version ordered
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we have an excerpted chapter here. if it's ghostwritten, i think maybe i'll hire the ghostwriter as my coach.

an excerpt from the front page article that Herbert published:

"Macca: The book will launch globally on May 23, but for those that pre order on Amazon I have been told they get the book prior to the stores. The book is called “I'm here to Win” and it was an interesting thing to do. It always feels quite funny when you are writing about yourself and your experiences in the sport. It only feels like yesterday some of the stories we talk about. I had great people working with me in Tim Vandehay my ghostwriter, who was awesome at pulling a lot of the stories out of me and making me think about why I do and say what I do. When the publishers gave me a basic outline of what they were looking for in my book, my only request to them was, I wanted to make sure it was brutally honest. I was going to have my say on many issues and things that happen behind the scenes that many people don’t know about. We touched on a lot of my career but also a lot on the guys I raced around the World, the events and the experiences I have had in the past 16 years racing. It was an interesting experience that’s for sure! It has been very popular I have been told. It would be great to have a New York Best Seller. That would be awesome for triathlon and for me also. You can get everyone on slowtwitch to buy the book today and we would pull that off easily. So if I don’t become a New York Best Seller I am blaming you Herbert."

i still ordered the book...

Tim
Quote Reply

Prev Next