Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have You Ever Bought A Stolen Bike?
Quote | Reply
If you have ever bought a used bike from strangers, Chances are that you have bought a stolen bike...
Maybe its time for us to do gather together and do something about bike crimes...
Here is a video of Cyclingboom Bike Theft Deterrence Initiatve.
Please take a look and join This Initiative

Quote Reply
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Stolen Bike? [mosen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brilliant, more should know about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Certainly cheap enough. They appear to be a European organization although the video commentator had an american accent. I'd be interested in knowning more about the marking left on the bike. It seems there is a solvent for just about any glue out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently had one stolen. Anything to deter these a-holes is a good idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar to National Bike Registry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice
Quote Reply
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Stolen Bike? [grndskpr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but Im pretty sure my speedplay's are stolen or at the very least team issue that a "team" member sold. I purchased some neon green speedplays ( from another tri site) and after I received them I called speedplay as I decided the cleats needed replacing. I couldnt find any neon green cleats no matter where I looked on line. I went to my LBS and they were like you have green ones??? I said yes and they wanted to see them. SO, next group ride they check them out and were puzzled. Explained all this to the speedplay peeps and they didnt come right out and say they were stolen but said the didnt replace the neon green cleats for general consumers. Me: ummmm okay, are these stolen? Speedplay: um you'll have to buy yellow cleat replacements. I tried to explain that I was sure this would violate a velominati rule if they didnt match....they didnt go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the flip side, has anyone ever recovered a bike that was stolen from them? Has anybody had experience with the new GPS chip I have heard about?
Quote Reply