Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

20 Mile Swim?!? Mere CAN do it but NEEDS YOUR HELP
Quote | Reply
Dear Slowtwitch Community,
I need your help. On September 22nd I plan be the FIRST FEMALE to ever swim from Lanai to Maui and back! The distance is around twenty miles and I hope to smash the existing Men's record of 11 hours and 45 minutes. I have been training heart and soul for this goal since last year. I live, sleep, eat, breathe this dream.
It's funny but training has been amazing. I train 5 or 6 days a week in Hawaii and have spent the last three months swimming open water mainly at The North Shore...now I am back to the South Side (Waikiki) and just finished my first 6 hour training swim this Sunday...swimming has been the easy part - fund raising and PR has been a thousand times more difficult. Marathon swimming is crazy expensive! Right now I am $4,000 short of being able to do this swim on a stealth/skeleton crew/barebones level. Plain and simple - I need $...for the right company or individual this could be fantastic marketing - The Surf Channel is interested in making a show of this swim that will reach more than 25 MILLION VIEWERS.
Again, please help - share the excitement. A FIRST for WOMEN!!! Time is running out. I know WE can MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
I have been posting Messages/Updates on the site http://www.gofundme.com/Meredith-Swims-2-Maui . Please contact me as soon as possible if you can help.
I have sincerely felt from day one that this swim is not just a swim or even my swim...this swim is about sharing the message that when life/ things get tough - you have to keep moving forward! Always believe in yourself and never stop. Women are capable of amazing things and this record needs to happen!
Thank you for all of your support.
Mahalo,
Meredith
Quote Reply