Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023

Well, my Preds didn’t make it (and I’m giving up my season tickets). Who are you rooting for? I’ll be cheering on the Oilers since we traded Matias Ekholm to them, (though there are a couple of former Preds on the Kings). Anyone but Dallas or the Jets.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Boston Bruins vs. (WC2) Florida Panthers
(2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (3) Tampa Bay Lightning
(1) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (WC1) New York Islanders
(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (3) New York Rangers

WESTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (WC2) Winnipeg Jets
(2) Edmonton Oilers vs. (3) Los Angeles Kings
(2) Dallas Stars vs. (3) Minnesota Wild
(1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (WC1) Seattle Kraken

https://media3.giphy.com/media/GCSIwtwqAMBTq/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952tmcau3kw1vfz8j6xd3w5qqczsbb81j6ofk4xhd4l&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Conflicted. I live in Avalanche country but am from the PNW and follow the Seattle teams. Since we didn’t have an NHL team growing up we defaulted to the Canucks, but now with the Kraken, I kind of feel a pull to root for them.

We did root for the Thunderbirds (minor leagues), their games were always fun.

Overall, pulling for McDavid and Edmonton. Living out west, I tend to watch a lot of their games since east coast games are done by dinner time, and the Flyers make me want to toss my cookies.

Years of built up animosity make me actively root against most of the Eastern teams. I would like to see Toronto deliver. They are my number 2.

And then Minnesota, Seattle.

Well, my Preds didn’t make it (and I’m giving up my season tickets). Who are you rooting for? I’ll be cheering on the Oilers since we traded Matias Ekholm to them, (though there are a couple of former Preds on the Kings). Anyone but Dallas or the Jets.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE
(2) Dallas Stars vs. (3) Minnesota Wild

Edmonton Vs Boston for the cup.

Hometown Oilers - boom or bust (please, not the bust this year).

This is their year. Pulling hard for your boys.

I am not in the prediction game. They should beat Tampa.

They should have beat the Habs in 2021. They should have beat Columbus in 2020.

Coulda shoulda woulda.

The last time the Leafs won the cup was before man landed on the moon.

The last time a Canadian team AOL Instant Messenger was four years away from being released

The last time a Canadian team AOL Instant Messenger was four years away from being released

I dont give two shits about the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley cup. All the other Canadian NHL teams can collectively eat a bag of dicks.

I dont give two shits about the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley cup. All the other Canadian NHL teams can collectively eat a bag of dicks.

So we’ll go with the Johnson administration as the reference point then?

Why no love for the Jets? Still mad about the 2018 playoff loss? :slight_smile:

Coulda shoulda woulda.

We signed O’Riley, Schenn, McCabe for more toughness. Woll and Samsonov are playing well, no more excuses if they choke again burn it down.

Wow time flies. I have not followed the season … at all.

Didn’t even know that my teams (NYR, Knights) are decently high seeds. Fair weather fan, I am.

May tune in for playoffs. NHL playoffs are another level.

Coulda shoulda woulda.

Couldas shouldas and wouldas do turn into wills eventually. Exhale slowly and enjoy the winning.

Let’s go Avs!!! Time to stay kind of healthy. Missing Landy this year, but hopefully Cale comes back and stays healthy. If he’s there, we should be good to go.

Not my words, but truer words have not been spoken

As a Leafs fan, waiting for puck drop before the team’s first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs is a lot like the anticipation before Christmas morning — only there’s a chance that Santa punches you in the face for ever believing in him.

Chara runs Boston.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/zdeno-chara-first-boston-marathon-2023-127th-brock-holt-ryan-dempster-doug-flutie-monica-puig-famous-runners-sports/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE
(2) Dallas Stars vs. (3) **Minnesota Wild **

Bruins over Oilers in 6 games for the cup.

Pulling for the Kraken, then Oilers, then Kings, and then Avalanche. Fuck Boston. Anyone but Boston. If Boston makes it to the Finals, then I hope they choke on it hard and get swept in 4 games.