Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Presidential Precedent
Quote | Reply
A time will come when Trump is no longer the Prez. I think America needs to be ready to live with the presidents set by Trump and confirmed by the lack of opposition from his party.

- The Prez can not be investigated by congress. Only by the DOJ, which works FOR the prez.
- The Prez can withhold or severely redact DOJ reports and investigations about himself. Congress can not see them.
- The Prez does not disclose his taxes, personal fiances, personal dealings.
- The Prez can pardon himself if needed
- The Prez can hire friends and family to the highest positions, regardless of competence or qualifications, and then bypass the security clearance process for these friends and relatives
- The Prez has the right to select a TV network to act as a propaganda machine, while subverting all other free journalism in the nation.

I'm sure there is a litany of other precedents ya'll can help me add.

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas! 
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Republicans won't have a problem with these precedents, because they only apply to Republican presidents.

You also forgot a big one, only the DOJ can investigate, but the DOJ cannot indict the president and also the DOJ should not announce anything about people they don't indict.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
A time will come when Trump is no longer the Prez. I think America needs to be ready to live with the presidents set by Trump and confirmed by the lack of opposition from his party.

- The REPUBLICAN Prez can not be investigated by congress. Only by the DOJ, which works FOR the prez.
- The REPUBLICAN Prez can withhold or severely redact DOJ reports and investigations about himself. Congress can not see them.
- The REPUBLICAN Prez does not disclose his taxes, personal fiances, personal dealings.
- The REPUBLICAN Prez can pardon himself if needed
- The REPUBLICAN Prez can hire friends and family to the highest positions, regardless of competence or qualifications, and then bypass the security clearance process for these friends and relatives
- The REPUBLICAN Prez has the right to select a TV network to act as a propaganda machine, while subverting all other free journalism in the nation.

I'm sure there is a litany of other precedents ya'll can help me add.

FIFY for the LR ballwashers

===============
#ITMFA
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Prez can withhold or severely redact DOJ reports and investigations about himself. Congress can not see them.

If only Barr would release a virtually (all but 1 full sentence and 4 fragments) unredacted version of the Mueller report to at least some members of Congress (both Rep and Dem).

I mean, if he did that, then the Dems could read the report and see where Mueller actually said that Trump colluded (conspired/coordinated) with Russia, despite what the rest of report said. Slam dunk on impeachment.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did CNN start posting on Slowtwitch?
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
When did CNN start posting on Slowtwitch?

Thank you for illustrating my last point.

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas! 
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....

No argument, but some perspective from one of the "some of you", "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're into the light..." Thanks Dorothy!

The No ROI policy needs a sponsor with a megaphone. Maybe your girl AOC can carry the banner forward? Somewhat pink, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....

No argument, but some perspective from one of the "some of you", "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're into the light..." Thanks Dorothy!

The No ROI policy needs a sponsor with a megaphone. Maybe your girl AOC can carry the banner forward? Somewhat pink, I think.

Well AOC is a socialist (her word) and advocates for a massive amount of federal power.

That would make pay for play increase exponentially.

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Perseus wrote:
When did CNN start posting on Slowtwitch?


Thank you for illustrating my last point.

You're setting a president!
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....


No argument, but some perspective from one of the "some of you", "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're into the light..." Thanks Dorothy!

The No ROI policy needs a sponsor with a megaphone. Maybe your girl AOC can carry the banner forward? Somewhat pink, I think.


Well AOC is a socialist (her word) and advocates for a massive amount of federal power.

That would make pay for play increase exponentially.

How so? don't follow your logic. First you talk of executive power as the symptom, inference then is a balance shifting to the congress. Now you throw in socialist and federal power as the woe. So is it with giving state rights more power as the solution to devolvement of power/
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....


No argument, but some perspective from one of the "some of you", "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're into the light..." Thanks Dorothy!

The No ROI policy needs a sponsor with a megaphone. Maybe your girl AOC can carry the banner forward? Somewhat pink, I think.


Well AOC is a socialist (her word) and advocates for a massive amount of federal power.

That would make pay for play increase exponentially.

How so? don't follow your logic. First you talk of executive power as the symptom, inference then is a balance shifting to the congress. Now you throw in socialist and federal power as the woe. So is it with giving state rights more power as the solution to devolvement of power/

The more power the better the ROI. Who has the power is immaterial. It only changes who’s giving out the goodies (or meting out the punishment).

As for where the power ultimately devolves to is the individual, you and me and your neighbors and your family and your friends.

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I agree. And I thought the same when Obama expanded presidential power and when Bush expanded presidential power and when....

I’ll keep saying this until the day I die....

Devolve power from the government/president and it will matter much less who wields the little power they have left.

Want the money out of politics? Don’t let politicians have so much power and there no ROI for donations.

Yes, Trump is adding on to an ever increasingly powerful executive.

Glad some of you are finally seeing the problem with this....


No argument, but some perspective from one of the "some of you", "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're into the light..." Thanks Dorothy!

The No ROI policy needs a sponsor with a megaphone. Maybe your girl AOC can carry the banner forward? Somewhat pink, I think.


Well AOC is a socialist (her word) and advocates for a massive amount of federal power.

That would make pay for play increase exponentially.


How so? don't follow your logic. First you talk of executive power as the symptom, inference then is a balance shifting to the congress. Now you throw in socialist and federal power as the woe. So is it with giving state rights more power as the solution to devolvement of power/


The more power the better the ROI. Who has the power is immaterial. It only changes who’s giving out the goodies (or meting out the punishment).

As for where the power ultimately devolves to is the individual, you and me and your neighbors and your family and your friends.

But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch. Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch.

Yeah. For now.

When a dem is on the White House it will be Dems doing it. Isn’t that the whole entire point of the OP?

Quote:
Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.

Yeah. Are saying that I’m arguing for no oversight? I don’t see anywhere that I did.

If government had less power all together the inevitable corruption that comes with power would be less damaging.

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch.


Yeah. For now.

When a dem is on the White House it will be Dems doing it. Isn’t that the whole entire point of the OP?

Quote:
Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.


Yeah. Are saying that I’m arguing for no oversight? I don’t see anywhere that I did.

If government had less power all together the inevitable corruption that comes with power would be less damaging.

Is your argument that Somalia has no corruption? Sorry, but a weak government leads to more corruption, as you see in every example of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch.


Yeah. For now.

When a dem is on the White House it will be Dems doing it. Isn’t that the whole entire point of the OP?

Quote:
Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.


Yeah. Are saying that I’m arguing for no oversight? I don’t see anywhere that I did.

If government had less power all together the inevitable corruption that comes with power would be less damaging.

Is your argument that Somalia has no corruption? Sorry, but a weak government leads to more corruption, as you see in every example of it.

Yeah, bro. That’s exactly what I said!!!!!

Somalia is where it’s at!!!!!

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch.


Yeah. For now.

When a dem is on the White House it will be Dems doing it. Isn’t that the whole entire point of the OP?

Quote:
Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.


Yeah. Are saying that I’m arguing for no oversight? I don’t see anywhere that I did.

If government had less power all together the inevitable corruption that comes with power would be less damaging.


Is your argument that Somalia has no corruption? Sorry, but a weak government leads to more corruption, as you see in every example of it.


Yeah, bro. That’s exactly what I said!!!!!

Somalia is where it’s at!!!!!

Yea, I don't care about your disingenuous bullshit. Seriously, you bring up that somehow AOC will lead to corruption, while ignoring how the current Republicans are creating massive amounts of corruption. And you whole methodology is idiotic that somehow "socialist" countries are more corrupt because of government regulations, when reality shows countries where the government has the least authority are the most corrupt.
Quote Reply
Re: Presidential Precedent [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

But Republicans are the one pushing to increase the power of the executive branch.


Yeah. For now.

When a dem is on the White House it will be Dems doing it. Isn’t that the whole entire point of the OP?

Quote:
Also arguing that there should be no oversight of the executive branch. Seems like a perfect storm for corruption.


Yeah. Are saying that I’m arguing for no oversight? I don’t see anywhere that I did.

If government had less power all together the inevitable corruption that comes with power would be less damaging.


Is your argument that Somalia has no corruption? Sorry, but a weak government leads to more corruption, as you see in every example of it.


Yeah, bro. That’s exactly what I said!!!!!

Somalia is where it’s at!!!!!

Yea, I don't care about your disingenuous bullshit. Seriously, you bring up that somehow AOC will lead to corruption, while ignoring how the current Republicans are creating massive amounts of corruption. And you whole methodology is idiotic that somehow "socialist" countries are more corrupt because of government regulations, when reality shows countries where the government has the least authority are the most corrupt.

First of all if you want disingenuousness you need to look no further than taking g the opinion that we should have a smaller government and jumping to “then you love Somalia”.

Secondly you need to read what I fucking write.

I didn’t say AOC would lead to corruption. Government is already corrupt. What I said was that AOC style socialism would make the corruption more important because of the massive increase in government power.

Put it this way, you can bribe a small town cop and he can not write you a ticket. That’s about all he can do for you so the dollar amount he can extract by way of corruption in relatively small.

You can bribe a President to start a fucking war but the price is much higher and the result much more serious.

I work in the regulation compliance business. The more we regulate the more the connected and big donors get in favors and exemptions.

And the little guy gets fucked. So much so that now in my industry the little guy is extinct. 20 years ago it was almost all little guys.

Additionally, you keep saying I’m ignoring Republican corruption yet I’ve acknowledged it in every post I’ve made in this thread.

Is English not your first language?

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply