Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nielsen out
Quote | Reply
Surprised she lasted as long as she did, not for any performance issues on her part, but her tolerance to work for a total arse. I am sure she is breathing a yuge sigh of relief tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Surprised she lasted as long as she did, not for any performance issues on her part, but her tolerance to work for a total arse. I am sure she is breathing a yuge sigh of relief tonight.


Her body language told that story very longtime ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems kinda bad to allow the DHS secretary to resign during this national emergency.

So we don't have a secretary of defense or DHS. Cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Seems kinda bad to allow the DHS secretary to resign during this national emergency.
Well now it's really an emergency.


"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

So we don't have a secretary of defense or DHS. Cool.

I don't know how the SecDef one isn't more of a story. That's four full months without one, and no nomination in sight. Lot of big decisions. How to counter Russia in Venezuela, Ukraine. China all over the place. Achieve Trump's desired (mostly) withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan without having ISIS march right back in. Not to mention lots of procurement decisions.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Seems kinda bad to allow the DHS secretary to resign during this national emergency.

So we don't have a secretary of defense or DHS. Cool.

I assume you meant to put this in pink?
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:


So we don't have a secretary of defense or DHS. Cool.


I don't know how the SecDef one isn't more of a story. That's four full months without one, and no nomination in sight. Lot of big decisions. How to counter Russia in Venezuela, Ukraine. China all over the place. Achieve Trump's desired (mostly) withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan without having ISIS march right back in. Not to mention lots of procurement decisions.

Yep. SNAFU left, right,up and down.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:


So we don't have a secretary of defense or DHS. Cool.


I don't know how the SecDef one isn't more of a story. That's four full months without one, and no nomination in sight. Lot of big decisions. How to counter Russia in Venezuela, Ukraine. China all over the place. Achieve Trump's desired (mostly) withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan without having ISIS march right back in. Not to mention lots of procurement decisions.


Blame it on the Dems for slow rolling all those nominees.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[I don't know how the SecDef one isn't more of a story. That's four full months without one, and no nomination in sight. Lot of big decisions. How to counter Russia in Venezuela, Ukraine. China all over the place. Achieve Trump's desired (mostly) withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan without having ISIS march right back in. Not to mention lots of procurement decisions.[/quote]

Blame it on the Dems for slow rolling all those nominees.[/quote]

This type of response is what I consider pure Presidential Harassment.....
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her resignation letter shows she was focused on the wrong things. Too much on actual security threats and too little on keeping migrants out.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cue the personal attacks on Nielsen in 3, 2, 1...

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone willing to work for that lyin' sack grows smaller.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Cue the personal attacks on Nielsen in 3, 2, 1...

Her ratings weren't so good...
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is creating a dictatorship. I'm surprised no one sees what he is doing. He is eliminating or installing puppets in all agencies. He is setting up the government so he can make all decisions with minimal input. Like most of his corruption, this is being done in plain site.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Trump is creating a dictatorship. I'm surprised no one sees what he is doing. He is eliminating or installing puppets in all agencies. He is setting up the government so he can make all decisions with minimal input. Like most of his corruption, this is being done in plain site.

We need a constitutional amendment to eliminate the office of President and have all cabinet and agency positions either directly elected or appointed by congress.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Cue the personal attacks on Nielsen in 3, 2, 1...


Her ratings weren't so good...

I see what you did there.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Trump is creating a dictatorship. I'm surprised no one sees what he is doing. He is eliminating or installing puppets in all agencies. He is setting up the government so he can make all decisions with minimal input. Like most of his corruption, this is being done in plain site.


We need a constitutional amendment to eliminate the office of President and have all cabinet and agency positions either directly elected or appointed by congress.

We need a constitutional amendment requiring all cabinet and agency positions to be filled by qualified personnel. We also need for congress to do their job and quit ceding their power to the President. It is fine for the GOP now but if we get another Democrat as President the GOP is going to lose what little of their minds they have left. Can't wait for a national healthcare emergency (medicare for all). National Gun emergency (semi automatic weapons ban). National climate emergency (Carbon tax - clean air). All without congressional involvement. Thanks Trump!
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get ready for tRump to promote his own Goebbels to enact his final solution for the border.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nielsen could have / should have been the Republican Party's face in 2020. As a conservative woman, smart, good looking & charismatic - she would have made an excellent candidate to lead the Republicans into the next decade as the head of 'America's Party'. Hitching herself to Trump may have killed that opportunity. And Trump has solidified the Republican's position as the 'Angry White Guy Party'.

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas! 
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [turtleherder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turtleherder wrote:
Get ready for tRump to promote his own Goebbels to enact his final solution for the border.

Andrew Miller has way too much power in the White House to want to take on that 'lowly' role.
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just have to look at the impact of being the face of family separation, toddler deaths, tear gas and chaos. She was confirmed 63/37 not that long ago. Would she even get all 53 republicans supporting her if she had to go through the process again?

Do you think Stephen Miller or anyone else put forward as "tougher" on immigration is going to get 50 votes in the Senate?
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now trump has fired the Secret Service Chief. So now DHS has no Director, no Deputy Director, no Secret Service Chief, no head of FEMA, no head of ICE, no head of the science and technology branch, no head of policy branch, no inspector general, and no CBP commissioner.

Seems kinda short staffed during a national emergency. Wouldn't a competent administration that actually cared about homeland security have people in these positions?
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Now trump has fired the Secret Service Chief. So now DHS has no Director, no Deputy Director, no Secret Service Chief, no head of FEMA, no head of ICE, no head of the science and technology branch, no head of policy branch, no inspector general, and no CBP commissioner.

Seems kinda short staffed during a national emergency. Wouldn't a competent administration that actually cared about homeland security have people in these positions?

All those people were just figureheads and did nothing anyway. Russians are controlling all major government decisions.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Nielsen out [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Now trump has fired the Secret Service Chief. So now DHS has no Director, no Deputy Director, no Secret Service Chief, no head of FEMA, no head of ICE, no head of the science and technology branch, no head of policy branch, no inspector general, and no CBP commissioner.

Seems kinda short staffed during a national emergency. Wouldn't a competent administration that actually cared about homeland security have people in these positions?

Oh, come on, the government runs like a fine tuned machine!
Quote Reply

Prev Next