Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread
Quote | Reply
We, of course, expected that the request will eventually arise. The question is: what path will be taken by the two sides, and what will be the form of the final interaction? Affidavit, written questions, live interview, grand jury appearance, Mexican stand-off?

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The outcome will be an updated version of "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is"



--------------------------
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
We, of course, expected that the request will eventually arise. The question is: what path will be taken by the two sides, and what will be the form of the final interaction? Affidavit, written questions, live interview, grand jury appearance, Mexican stand-off?

why are you promoting racial and ethnic stereotypes? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pay-per-view?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Voluntary interview under oath. I don't think he will force a subpoena.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eastwood is Mueller, van Cleef is Trump: who is the third guy?

(great GIF, by the way!)

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding Muller's investigation.. I kind of just thought of this and dont mean to hi jack your thread... But is Pence squeaky clean in all of this? Not one mention of impropriety about him that I have heard.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Regarding Muller's investigation.. I kind of just thought of this and dont mean to hi jack your thread... But is Pence squeaky clean in all of this? Not one mention of impropriety about him that I have heard.

That depends. He could be have been complicit in a cover up of impeachable offenses relating to the meetings with Kislyak during the transition, if those meetings discussed reducing sanctions. Pense said on TV that Flynn did not discuss reducing sanctions with Kislyak, but may have known that wasn't true depending on when he learned Flynn lied to him. He was chairman of the transition team, so it's hard to believe he knew nothing of Flynn's conversations with Kislyak.

He could also be implicated in the firing of Comey, depending on what he knew and how that firing was justified. I presume that would require Comey's firing to be considered an attempt at obstruction of justice.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about this?:

http://fxn.ws/2AKcDpl

Maybe JSA can weigh in, but if a crime has been committed (ostensibly murder in this case), shouldn’t this person be legally compelled to provide all knowledge of the potential crime?

Crazy assertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
We, of course, expected that the request will eventually arise. The question is: what path will be taken by the two sides, and what will be the form of the final interaction? Affidavit, written questions, live interview, grand jury appearance, Mexican stand-off?

Cultural appropriation?

You need to go to progressive re-education camp.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
What about this?:

http://fxn.ws/2AKcDpl

Maybe JSA can weigh in, but if a crime has been committed (ostensibly murder in this case), shouldn’t this person be legally compelled to provide all knowledge of the potential crime?

Crazy assertion.

No idea. Presumably the alleged killing took place in Russia?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mrs sphere raised an interesting if not entirely serious question: what good is the testimony of who literally cannot separate truth from fiction?

"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing." -- Ron Swanson
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Mrs sphere raised an interesting if not entirely serious question: what good is the testimony of who literally cannot separate truth from fiction?

Like any other testimony, if it contradicts the testimony of others who are deemed credible, it can lead to charges like obstruction of justice or perjury.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On "The Story," Judge Napolitano said any of those options would be a bad idea for the president because he cannot know what Mueller's team knows and what evidence they already have.

"One lie or one close-to-a-lie about a material matter and he's facing a potential indictment," he explained.

He said that FBI investigators are "very, very good" at trapping people, and Trump should avoid falling into such a trap by declining to submit to an interview, which he is legally entitled to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
On "The Story," Judge Napolitano said any of those options would be a bad idea for the president because he cannot know what Mueller's team knows and what evidence they already have.

"One lie or one close-to-a-lie about a material matter and he's facing a potential indictment," he explained.

He said that FBI investigators are "very, very good" at trapping people, and Trump should avoid falling into such a trap by declining to submit to an interview, which he is legally entitled to do.

Did he also say that no prosecutor would resort to a sworn affidavit or submitted written questions (as the responses would be just the lawyers speaking)?

Given that rock and that hard place, it would seem that the grand jury subpoena (after much legal wrangling) would be the absolutely unacceptable (from the defense perspective) last resort that would make them submit Trump to a live deposition (with some limits, no doubt). One theory is that trying to smear Mueller now will allow Trump's team to cry "witch hunt!" when Trump refuses to testify to a grand jury (thereby affirming his standing with his 30% support).

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that if one were to give testimony under oath that was later proven to be untruthful, it might be viewed as very, very naughty and could result in some heavy consequences.

For some reason, I can't help but envision the final courtroom scene from "A Few Good Men". I wonder how much playing to the witness' inflated ego (coupled with an apparent lack of D.C. 'streetwisdom' and inability to think on his feet) it would take before he admits that he did indeed order the Code Red.

_________________________________________________
"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare" - Juma Ikangaa

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
JD21 wrote:
On "The Story," Judge Napolitano said any of those options would be a bad idea for the president because he cannot know what Mueller's team knows and what evidence they already have.

"One lie or one close-to-a-lie about a material matter and he's facing a potential indictment," he explained.

He said that FBI investigators are "very, very good" at trapping people, and Trump should avoid falling into such a trap by declining to submit to an interview, which he is legally entitled to do.


Did he also say that no prosecutor would resort to a sworn affidavit or submitted written questions (as the responses would be just the lawyers speaking)?

Given that rock and that hard place, it would seem that the grand jury subpoena (after much legal wrangling) would be the absolutely unacceptable (from the defense perspective) last resort that would make them submit Trump to a live deposition (with some limits, no doubt). One theory is that trying to smear Mueller now will allow Trump's team to cry "witch hunt!" when Trump refuses to testify to a grand jury (thereby affirming his standing with his 30% support).

I'm expecting the "I don't have to answer because I'm the president" defense. Then he'll tweet its all fake news and he's still a genius.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//Did he also say that no prosecutor would resort to a sworn affidavit or submitted written questions (as the responses would be just the lawyers speaking)? //

Wait...what? I’m no expert on such matters but isn’t this precisely what HRC did?

If imagine, as POTUS, he has a lot of leeway as to what he’s willing to do or not do. Would he even be compelled to react to a Grand Jury subpoena? I’d so, whilst I know an attorney cannot be in the room it is my understanding his lawyer can sit out of the room and Trump can literally walk out after each question and consult.
Last edited by: JD21: Jan 9, 18 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
On "The Story," Judge Napolitano said any of those options would be a bad idea for the president because he cannot know what Mueller's team knows and what evidence they already have.

"One lie or one close-to-a-lie about a material matter and he's facing a potential indictment," he explained.

He said that FBI investigators are "very, very good" at trapping people, and Trump should avoid falling into such a trap by declining to submit to an interview, which he is legally entitled to do.

How fucked up is what you just wrote? Here is an idea - just tell the truth for once!

===============
TDS is real: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDS
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Seems to me that if one were to give testimony under oath that was later proven to be untruthful, it might be viewed as very, very naughty and could result in some heavy consequences.

For some reason, I can't help but envision the final courtroom scene from "A Few Good Men". I wonder how much playing to the witness' inflated ego (coupled with an apparent lack of D.C. 'streetwisdom' and inability to think on his feet) it would take before he admits that he did indeed order the Code Red.

Isn't this how Ken Starr got Bill Clinton into a very precarious position?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
Seems to me that if one were to give testimony under oath that was later proven to be untruthful, it might be viewed as very, very naughty and could result in some heavy consequences.

For some reason, I can't help but envision the final courtroom scene from "A Few Good Men". I wonder how much playing to the witness' inflated ego (coupled with an apparent lack of D.C. 'streetwisdom' and inability to think on his feet) it would take before he admits that he did indeed order the Code Red.


Isn't this how Ken Starr got Bill Clinton into a very precarious position?

No. Clinton was sued for sexual harassment. A pattern of harassment going back decades was alleged. Clinton needed to lie about his current harassment in order to deny the pattern. It certainly was not to keep it a secret from Hillary; she knew all about his long history taking advantage of his subordinates.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And still the President
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
And still the President

and still a stable genius. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
On "The Story," Judge Napolitano said any of those options would be a bad idea for the president because he cannot know what Mueller's team knows and what evidence they already have.

Trump does know everything he did or said so not knowing what evidence Mueller has should, in theory, not matter. The only option is to tell the truth, which admittedly does seem a stretch for Trump but we can still cling to being naive.

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller reportedly to interview Trump Prediction Thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect his ego is big enough for him to want to sit down and set them straight and so far it appears be listens to no one who advises him to do something he disagrees with.

If it did not go well it would all be fake news and he would obfuscate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next