Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Faith in human nature
Quote | Reply
I got to my hotel last night very late, and I was really tired

I took off my watch and put it next to the bed

Got up this morning. Had another 700 miles on the bike ahead of me and I got dressed, packed up, rode off

Got about 20 mins up the road and thought about the time, then thought did I put on my watch. Oh shit

Get back to hotel, speak to reception he give me key, I go up, rooms already been cleared

I'm ready to go downstairs and have them call the police and the cleaner says hang on, goes to her trolley and hands me back my watch
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I got to my hotel last night very late, and I was really tired

I took off my watch and put it next to the bed

Got up this morning. Had another 700 miles on the bike ahead of me and I got dressed, packed up, rode off

Got about 20 mins up the road and thought about the time, then thought did I put on my watch. Oh shit

Get back to hotel, speak to reception he give me key, I go up, rooms already been cleared

I'm ready to go downstairs and have them call the police and the cleaner says hang on, goes to her trolley and hands me back my watch

I had something similar happen a few years ago. My faith in human nature comes from knowing we have many people like this amongst us. Thanks for the reminder.
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not very scientific to rely on faith or n = 1 experiences.

Quote:
Had another 700 miles on the bike ahead of me and I got dressed, packed up, rode off

That's many miles. Wow.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Not very scientific to rely on faith or n = 1 experiences.

Quote:
Had another 700 miles on the bike ahead of me and I got dressed, packed up, rode off


That's many miles. Wow.

But what will he do all afternoon?

===============
#ITMFA
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on that bastard bike from 8.45am till 9.30pm

Between stops, fuel and waiting for Channel tunnel it was a ridiculously long, cold (under 14c) and wet (torrential rain and off all day)

Miserable

Exhausting

Not fun
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to grocery store yesterday and dropped my credit card. I only noticed when it was time to pay. Upon asking the cashier, she said, "Sally, it waiting for you at the Customer Service desk."

WOW-my faith in humanity restored!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you tip handsomely or just leave with a thanks?






Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar experience a few months ago. Stayed at a budget hotel in Medford, OR. on our way to relocate to Portland - Holiday Inn Express I believe. After we get into Portland my wife starts frantically looking through our SUV for her wedding and engagement rings. She remembers taking them off in the hotel the night before and can't remember anything since then. We call the hotel, and sure enough the cleaning staff found them and they are holding them at the front desk safe. Weird because with two small kids I always sweep the room thoroughly before we leave but somehow I missed them.

As an aside, it seems ridiculous but we were unable to find a good, safe way to have them shipped to us, so we wound up making a round trip drive across Oregon to go pick them up.
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I write this a stranger I just met is digging a dozen or so urchin spines out of my foot.

- The thrall alone takes instant vengeance; the coward never...
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The key is to tip before you leave your watch.

Perhaps the real revolutionaries are those that keep their promises.
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
As I write this a stranger I just met is digging a dozen or so urchin spines out of my foot.

First time in the ocean or something? Try to avoid stepping on urchins.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I was on that bastard bike from 8.45am till 9.30pm

Between stops, fuel and waiting for Channel tunnel it was a ridiculously long, cold (under 14c) and wet (torrential rain and off all day)

Miserable

Exhausting

Not fun

I did 20 minutes of biking on the slab today. 85 degrees F and sunny. Heavy traffic. I hated it.

All I could think is that I am not worthy.



________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Faith in human nature [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left my cell phone on a bus one time. When I got back to the hotel I sent an email giving my address where I was staying. Some passenger found my phone, read my email and dropped it off at the hotel reception. Never did find out who this nice person was.
Quote Reply