College Football week 4

Early
FSU v. Clemson
Auburn v. TAMU (Jimbo death spiral could start here)

Afternoon
Oregon v. Boulder
UCLA v Utah
Ole Miss v. Alabama (Saban’s retirement could start here)
BYU v. Kansas
MSU v. Maryland (schadenfreude game)

Night
Wazzou OSU (the Pac 2)
Iowa PSU (in the rain, could be a defensive game)
OSU v. Notre Dame (could be a doozy)

I’m picking all favorites.

Do the Coloffaloes cover 20?

I say Ducks by 17.

As of Thurs Iowa was getting 14.5. They have solid linebackers, and if crappy weather, that is a decent bet.

I’ve been bearish CU all year so don’t ask me. I’m surprised they’re undefeated

Friday:
NCSU 24
UVA 21

Saturday:
UNC vs Pitt 8pm

Well if they are real, yes, If as I suspect they just have not played anyone who will be rated by end of season. NO.

Windy, you just don’t appreciate what NIL and the transfer portal have done.

Any big name football personality, could do the same thing, Deon has done. Go to a college and say, let me coach here, clear out the locker room, bring in big money, and recruit through the transfer portal. Deon had an advantage of coaching somewhere else, and I believe brought several of those players with him, and got on the big stage, in college football, thats enough to get you a bowl elligable team, which is not saying much. A lot of bad teams are bowl eligible.

I suspect given the comcast / Disney(espn) on going conflict (I have not heard that they resolved things). ESPN is not going to be able to get cable companies to pay the pay bucks, which means they wont need the bowl games, and we will start to see a collapse in all the who gives crap bowls, over the next 10 yrs. With super conf. and playoff expansion, the difference in the haves and have not’s will only grow. The one thing I don’t see how / why it goes away is the hey Joe high school team, we will pay you a couple million dollars to come to our stadium and get your ass handed to you. Maybe strength of schedule will matter as the playoff’s expand.

Now in Dave world… The NFL says okay enough of this. creates a minor league, Works with the top 20? 30? university football programs to leave the NCAA, and become teams in their minor league. I would think they could pull together a very large purse to share with the schools, pay the players. Now the possible downside (for the NFL also) is that if it guts the other schools who are not in the league. I don’t think it would as Div 2 and Div 3 football seem to be just fine but I don’t know where the money comes from. Lots of NFL players do not come from those top 20 or 30 teams.

Clemson’s kicker just made it 3-0. Cool story

Jonathan Weitz: What to know about Clemson football’s new kicker (blufftontoday.com)

Yes they cover. I’ve mentioned this before, but Colorado had way too much trouble with Colorado St. WSU beat them by 26 in Colorado.

Yes they cover. I’ve mentioned this before, but Colorado had way too much trouble with Colorado St. WSU beat them by 26 in Colorado.

WSU is a good team. nobody knows how good yet. they beat wisconsin and we’ll find out more today. yes, prime had trouble with co state. oregon had trouble with texas tech. i would place 2 bets: colorado to win, and as a hedge, colorado to beat the spread.

WSU is a good team. nobody knows how good yet. they beat wisconsin and we’ll find out more today. yes, prime had trouble with co state. oregon had trouble with texas tech. i would place 2 bets: colorado to win, and as a hedge, colorado to beat the spread.

Welcome to early season college football. Oregon has not played anyone in 3 games either. But scoring 81 pts in this new clock style is impressive. Oregon scored every possession and only a few were more than 5 plays.

CU has given up just over 30 a game, so doesn’t seem like they have a strong def (there best was holding Neb to 14, which is the most points Neb has scored this season so even that one is not good) … Oregon seems like they will score lots of points.
CU offense doesn’t seem to have played against a good offense yet, and Oregon’s D has not had to play a good offense yet… I think thats the question in this game, Can Ducks D cover the deep ball, and make the buffalo put up long sustained drives (which I don’t think they have shown much ability to do)

find out in a few hours.

Jonathan Weitz: What to know about Clemson football’s new kicker (blufftontoday.com)

This has turned out to be a good game. Clemson has been up much of the game, and they’re back in front 24-17. #4 is in danger of going down.

This has turned out to be a good game. Clemson has been up much of the game, and they’re back in front 24-17. #4 is in danger of going down.

Until this last turnover the Clemson QB has been playing great.

Yeah, that was a crusher. They keep blaming the guy for the missed block, but I have to think the QB has to have some pocket awareness that dude is running unblocked right at you. He never even looked to that half of the field.

Ducks by 24.

Clemson might pull this one off.

Ducks by 24.

Clemson could have spiked the ball and set up a Hail Mary at the end of regulation from the 50, instead goes to OT and lays an egg. Good news, Clemson lost, bad news FSU won.

Ducks by 24.

Clemson could have spiked the ball and set up a Hail Mary at the end of regulation from the 50, instead goes to OT and lays an egg. Good news, Clemson lost, bad news FSU won.

Great game though

Oregon looking strong

It looked pretty easy for the Oregon offense to score. Get a stop and the rout could be on.

I didn’t realize the Colorado run defense was so poor–195 yds/game. That doesn’t bode well.

Huge series here. If they go up 14 now it’s over.

It looked pretty easy for the Oregon offense to score. Get a stop and the rout could be on.

I didn’t realize the Colorado run defense was so poor–195 yds/game. That doesn’t bode well.

True. Oregon has two really good running backs. Colorado has no real linebackers. Going to be a long day.