Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

at home jobs
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I was just wondering how some people can train as much as they do and still manage to pay their bills, but I imagine the elite athletes in the sport get endorsement money. I am not an elite triathlete, but I am on the brink of setting a high bar for myself and making a name for myself; Just chasing a dream of mine. I am 23 years old and I work 3 jobs, got to school full time, and train 3 hours a day for my sport. I feel it is not enough training for me, so here I am asking what is a job you can do at home, but it actually works and pulls in some good money. I would like any kind words or advice. I dearly appreciate the thoughts and words thank you so much :)

Todd Lawrence USA
Quote Reply
Re: at home jobs [toddlawrence] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was in college, most of the best cyclists/triathletes were either on scholarships or student loans. As far as a possible job, if you have IT skills then those jobs tend to be relatively sedentary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mind if I ask what the different jobs are?

I ask b/c I did that same thing working through college and I was an avid MOP tri geek at the time as well. I was working at the student union on campus and then part time at a restaurant. It made my schedule totally insane. However, once I built my classes around one job(working at the golf course) I had more money and more training time. If you can consolidate into one job it might help out with training hours and put more bling in your pocket. FWIW working at the golf course was a freaking blast. Back in the day most courses didn't have automated irrigation systems so we had to run around all night in a golf cart manually dosing out the timers.....with a case of beer in the back. Crap that was fun.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: May 12, 12 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a job in the Technology Field. I have been doing Technology work for 25 years now, had several companies, did freelance. There is always a lot of work and with todays technology quite a few roles can be done via telecommuting. I have friends that basically can work the hours they want provided they meet their deadlines and project timelines. It affords me to get in 4- 6 hours a day in the gym broken up into 2 sometime 3 workouts depending on what area I am focused.

Blazeman Warrior - WarOnALS
Decision must be instant...Commitment Must be Total - Blazeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
21 hours of focused, structured training per week can take you FAR in this sport....with the right genetics, of course :)
Quote Reply
Re: at home jobs [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you like to code, definitely think about the IT field.

I develop interactive e-learning and use to work from home 100%. Loved it and saved so much time in a day, but lack of people connection was tough. Could bang out a 4-6 mile run over lunchtime. Now, I work sometimes from home and sometimes from the office with my new job. Try to bike to work as much as possible, bike workout plus commute in one.
Quote Reply
Re: at home jobs [dookie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like IT is the way to go... Engineering may have been a poor choice for me :-(
Quote Reply
Re: at home jobs [tri_scott90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"... Engineering may have been a poor choice for me"

I tell myself that everyday :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do what you want to do, don't chase $ but what you like/love. Go to 48days.com Dan has great resources to help you find clarity.

Robby
FAITH athletics - Where fitness and performance is about YOU!
http://www.faith-athletics.com
http://www.htownendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: at home jobs [Robbyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robbyr wrote:
Do what you want to do, don't chase $ but what you like/love. Go to 48days.com Dan has great resources to help you find clarity.

Semi-OT but I am glad I found this post. Today, after 7 months for working inside of a law firm, it was decided that the direction the division I was forming wasn't meeting what that firm wanted. I realized more than a month ago, I wasn't happy with this firm and missed my old solo criminal defense practice. But, this firm offered stability that I didn't have before. even with more "stability" I was unhappy. So, I am starting my firm again and am excited about it. Reading the first few posts on 48days was inspirational. I have a new sense of drive and look forward to waking up tomorrow and getting going! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most people are in their 40s established in their career and kids arent young...more free time and able to workout during work day.

white collar jobs!
Quote Reply