Reports To: Head Coach
Location: Phoenix, AZ area
The Break Through Elite Racing Youth and Junior Triathlon Development Program is looking for a head coach for our Youth Development Team and assistant coaches for our Youth Elite, Youth Development and Junior teams. Opportunities for advancement are plentiful within our organization (http://www.breakthroughracing.org). We are hiring immediately.
1. Coaching of youth and junior triathlon practices (swim, bike, run and transition).
2. Monitoring and developing training programs.
3. Providing written and verbal feedback to youth and junior athletes regarding all aspects of training.
4. Coaching at team training camps.
5. Attending events/races as a representative of the team.
6. Giving informative lectures and presentations to the local community.
7. Writing articles for various media outlets.
Occasional weekend work is required to attend camps and scheduled events.
1. Extensive first-hand experience as an athlete (preferably in triathlon).
2. Possess, or be willing to/in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
3. B.S. degree preferred but not required (preferably in Exercise Science or related field of study).
1. Part-time independent contractor, hourly pay, commensurate with education and experience
2. Private coaching opportunities
3. 10 USAT CEU’s per year
4. Coaching mentorship and development
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter, 3 references with contact information and any relative athletic or coaching experience to:
Head Coach- Break Through Elite Racing
Our interview process for new hires consists of two-steps:
1. Resume and background check/screening
2. Telephone and/or in-person interview
Break Through Multisport Inc.