You can find the full info and how to apply here:
Assist with program coordination/logistics for Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Soldier Ride, a program that provides adapted cycling opportunities across the country for wounded warriors. The rides are typically 3-5 days long, are geared for warriors of all abilities, and both adaptive and standard cycling equipment is provided regardless of injury.
- Serves as WWP subject matter expert on cycling, adaptive cycling, and coordinates technical support, supply and gear, bike inventories, and supply and gear support for all rides and clinics.
- Develop and implement adaptive cycling clinics as well as an elite adaptive cycling program which encourages warriors to get physically active and remain active.
- Serves as a mentor; provide positive reinforcement of warriors on rides; and build mutual respect with warriors and encourage them to continue in their recovery
- Deliver pre-ride warrior meeting, explain code of conduct, policies, procedures; what is expected of the warriors on the ride; and how warriors are representing their service as well as WWP
- Have a working knowledge of the rides operational plan
- Assist in checking warriors into hotels maintaining an accurate rooming list for each location
- Advise the warriors of timelines/schedules ensure accountability of warriors on rides
- Assist Manager with all aspects of ground transport at SR events, (i.e. airport pick up/drop off; U-haul, vans, buses, equipment /promotional item storage/transport/shipping)
- Perform other coordination and logistical tasks as assigned by Manger
- Mandatory travel to soldier ride events
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with organization /program standard operating procedures
- Ability to provide high quality customer services to all relevant stakeholders
- Represent WWP in a professional manner
- Contribute to a positive work environment and overall team effort in the department and organization
- Assist with and/or potentially implement logistical coordination at WWP events
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment at all SR rides
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot a gamut of complex issues
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Manage two way flow of communication (e.g. constituent’s needs communicated to leadership and vice versa)
- Ensure all paperwork is in place at SR events (warrior registration, liability releases, and bios)
- Mitigate risks at all SR events – oversee the safety of SR participants and volunteers
- Reports to Soldier Ride Program Manager (or Director)
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience servicing bicycles required; to include shocks, suspensions, wheels, fitting, and other related tasks.
- Strong mechanical competence and experience with tools of the trade required.
- Prior Military experience or familiarity with military culture preferred
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Job LocationJacksonville, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Live with passion, Ride a bike.
adaptive cycling coach and bike fitter.