Race Director/Event Production Team Member
Vineman, Inc, a Santa Rosa, CA based event production firm which produces the Vineman Triathlon, Vineman Ironman 70.3, and Barb’s Race – A Women’s Only Triathlon, is seeking a qualified individual to become a full-time member of its event production staff. More information on Vineman, Inc. and the events which it produces can be found at www.vineman.com.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to contribute through their ability to communicate (written & orally), interact with & work as a member of a team, recruit/lead/instruct volunteers, be resourceful & able to solve problems, maintain a professional & customer-friendly demeanor under stressful situations, and remain flexible/proactive in the rapidly changing arena of producing large-scale events. A thorough understanding of triathlon culture is also necessary.
- Volunteer Coordination– Management of all aspects of the volunteer workforce which works on the Vineman Triathlon events. More than 1500 volunteers are recruited, trained, and their efforts are coordinated for two large events.
- Equipment & Supply Management- Maintain and prepare event equipment/supplies for the Vineman events. Includes ordering, logistical planning, and all other aspects of getting race equipment/supplies to and from the Vineman events.
- Office Assistance- Interact with other Vineman staff members in handling the day-to-day operations involved with the planning, preparation, and execution of the Vineman events. Includes computer work, answering phones, updating web sites, and other miscellaneous office tasks.
- Sponsorship Sales- Working with other Vineman staff members on various aspects of the sponsorship sales and retention process.
- Event Development- Develop and manage a new events which will grow the Vineman brand.
- Willingness to take on other assignments as needed.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking before large groups and able to write in a professional manner.
- Must be able to contribute as a member of a team working toward a common goal.
- Must have and regularly use strong customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills. IT and web development experience a plus.
- Physical demands: Ability to do extensive physical work related to the set-up/break-down of event equipment and working at events is necessary for this position.
$30,000-$45,000 depending on experience and specific skills/abilities. Potential for increased salary in the future will be related to candidate’s ability to create additional revenues for the company.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and summary of qualifications by January 15, 2010 to:
Russ Pugh, email@example.com