Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Services offered: Non traditional Marketing concepting, execution and consultation
Quote | Reply
When companies are struggling, many of them resort to cutting advertising and marketing costs. That kind of thinking seems to many executives a relatively quick and harmless fix. But that kind of decision making really might hurt a company/brand in the long run.

During tougher economic times, it is not time to cut marketing, but time to re-think marketing.

Actually reaching consumers requires an extraordinary level of innovation. Guerrilla or non-traditional communication/marketing has emerged as a new concept that many big agencies are desperately trying to figure out. Guerrilla and non-traditional strategies and tactics exist in many forms and are designed to reach specific consumer sub-segments in highly credible ways. We can help, just ask.

http://www.guerrillacomm.com

Services range from "basic marketing plans" to "complete marketing campaigns."

For more info: herbert at guerrillacomm dot com
Last edited by: Herbert: Nov 21, 08 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Marketing and Guerrilla Marketing services [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert,

I recall sitting in on a marketing seminar a number of years ago that one of the top Marketing guys from Nike was speaking at. It was the last time North America was in a recession - the early 90's The subject was Marketing in Down Times. Naturally, Nike took a bit of a different approach and used a running metaphor to boot. He said that when markets go down and times are tough, is when you should increase marketing spend. Reason: you gain more market share per dollar invested during these times than when times are good. He went on to say that when you are in a running race, the best time to make a move is when you look over at your competitors and they look to be in bad shape - that's when you make your winning move. If you look over at them and they look good, your move may not be as effective. As you know most companies don't think like this and when times get tough, the first thing they cut back on is marketing. Maybe, that's why Nike is perhaps the #1 sports brand in the world!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Marketing and Guerrilla Marketing services [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[most companies don't think like this and when times get tough, the first thing they cut back on is marketing.]
Which is fine with me since I am not in marketing :)

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Marketing and Guerrilla Marketing services [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[most companies don't think like this and when times get tough, the first thing they cut back on is marketing.]
Which is fine with me since I am not in marketing :)

Fred.

Thinking like that is probably why you are not in Marketing ;-)

Fleck, Intel is another great example. During the .com crash in the early 2000s, while people were cutting budgets, Intel dumped a ton of cash into new manufacturing facilities and marketing efforts and left their competitors in the dust. Like Herbert, the wife and I also own a marketing company (you probably remember asking us about it in Kona) and we find that a down economy has a positive effect on external marketing organizations. I'm actually going to write a white paper on this.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Marketing and Guerrilla Marketing services [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, Nike has some good ideas.

:-)
Quote Reply