Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Jordan for posting this. I do Product Marketing Management for a living and am currently in Austin, TX. I am looking to join an athletic apparel or gear company. Most recent experience has been with Dell Computers as a product marketing manager and channel manager. I'm willing to move to Denver, Portland, Seattle, or anywhere in California. My handle is TXtrigirl and I can be reached at laurieviault@yahoo.com. Thanks again!!

-------------------------------------------------------------- Quote directed to me..."You don't have to do an ironman to prove your life is worth living..."
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, thanks Jordan very much for putting this out there.

I live in the Northern Colorado area and I'm also looking for work. My experience is primarily in the health and fitness industry but I have worked as an estimator, project manager, marketing rep, and shift manager. I have a B.S. in Exercise science and in Secondary Science Education. I also hold a current EMT-Basic National registry and Colorado State certification. I am willing and able to learn any new field if given an opportunity. I would appreciate any leads or opportunities either part-time or full-time. Please email me at cfsigfm@gmail.com if you would like more information or have a lead.

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all -

7 months ago I was working as a consultant at a large software company in the Seattle area. I was laid off during a re-org and so were quite a few others over the next few months. Our area is full of marketing people looking for work and it can be tough to find a great spot.

A few quick bullet points:

* 15 years of experience in software, hardware and internet technologies
* 8+ years of experience in product management and marketing campaign management
* Participated in the entire product life cycle from concept to code to launch and sustained marketing

Specialties
Community Creation and Engagement • Strategic & Tactical Planning • Product Development & Marketing • B2B & B2C Technical & Creative Initiatives • Web Site Management • Vendor Management

My skills are transferable to any industry so I'm not looking for software specific.

I love working at home so am also open to remote jobs.

DM me and I'll send you my LinkedIn profile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I come work for you and be a ski bum for the winter?

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't see anyone in particular to reply to, so I'll just add that I semi-regularly have a bit of part time programming work here on ST. We pay competitively, I think, and I hope those few STers who I've given some gigs to in the past have enjoyed the experience.

Right now, I'd be most interested in hiring someone with extensive experience with facebook integration. Especially the Facebook API, SDK, and OpenGraph protocols.

I'd also be somewhat interested in someone with pretty sound PHP experience for a little bit of work, though it's probably not a ton of work.

Would also entertain applications from iPhone/Android developers, but you better be REALLY f'ing good.

We - slowtwitch - also end up with semi-regular requests from our advertisers for graphic designers. So if you're good with Flash or other graphics tools, send me your info and some samples. That way, next time one of our smaller advertisers wants to do a new ad, we can throw your name in the ring.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own a clothing manafacturing company that specializes in cycling gear, and we are always looking for people to work for us within the US. Shoot me a message if you are keen? Easy to work with, and lots of time to swim, ride and run as well :-)
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I own a clothing manafacturing company that specializes in cycling gear, and we are always looking for people to work for us within the US. Shoot me a message if you are keen? Easy to work with, and lots of time to swim, ride and run as well :-)

If I were braver and thought you'd want someone as slow as me, that would be tempting...

More usefully, my employer is looking to hire experienced software testers in the Austin area, on a contract basis. Especially anyone with ADA/ 508/ JAWS experience. Or Selenium. We're in a bit of a paperwork snafu at the moment, but if anyone meets those criteria, shoot me a message.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Account Executive/Business Development [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently work at Oracle in Sandy UT, they're relocating our Hub from here to MN & MA, not going to be uprooting our family and moving.

Have been an Outside Account Executive previously and now doing Business Development for their CRM OD Product. Previous Telecom experience as well.

Looking for something locally in UT or for a company that uses Virtual Offices.

I can email resume at anytime, either respond here or pm me your address.

Thanks.

Dan Meihls
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My company is looking for a race timer that lives or works or wants to live or work in Bozeman, Billings or Missoula, Montana. Race timing experience isn't necessary.

The real work will start in the spring of 2011, as the season is winding down in Montana at present.

A good candidate will have these qualities:

--be on-time. There are no second chances in race timing.

--be willing to work until the job is done. Able to work and think rationally when fatigued or stressed.

--if not an athlete, then understand athletes and what motivates them

--have an understanding of software operation, as race timing is now a technologically driven business

You can see more about my company at http://www.fastfinishes.net.

We are expanding into a new region.

Thanks!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Last edited by: themuse1: Oct 28, 10 9:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Jordan, thank you for elevating this topic.
Have you thought about setting up a Slowtwitch group on LinkedIn?

I am a finance executive, looking for a permanent or contract position as CFO, Treasurer or Director of Finance. I have experience with start-up companies as well as Fortune 500 corporations. I have recently completed finance projects: leading an acquisition in the travel industry and serving as interim CFO for a construction tool manufacturer. I am in the greater Boston area, but travel in not an issue.

Business and Financial Analysis and Reporting ¨ Expense & Internal Controls ¨ Risk Management
Accounting Management ¨ Business Performance Measurement ¨ Startups & Turnarounds ¨ IPO’s
Cash and Investment Management ¨ M&A ¨ Policy & Procedure Development & Improvement

Best regards,
John

John Schnorr
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnschnorr

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hiring Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers for positions in an A/E firm located in Louisville, Kentucky.

Experience in the design of building systems for one or more of the following required: automotive, industrial, commercial, higher education, healthcare or Federal/DOD facilities.

Go to: www.luckett-farley.com and follow the links to the full position descriptions.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [jschnorr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

How would I do such a thing?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

How would I do such a thing?

I put some basic info on LinkedIn and, now I get offers to claim my winnings in Nigeria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Jordan for this great opportunity! I'm a 30 year tri veteran who knows the sport well, am very personable and hard working and am looking for part or full time work, as my business has been weak for a couple of years now. I am an award winning photographer who is trying to keep doing what I am told I am very good at. I am extremely quality oriented and will deliver state of the industry level files from any photo shoots. I am experienced in action, studio, portrait, catalog and any advertising related photography needs. I can get a portfolio to match any needs out within a short time, specially tailored to the task at hand. I also am very good at brainstorming, as i feel that any photo work is a collaboration that all parties can be a part of. I have also had worldwide clients in the past, so enjoy travel and shooting in any and all locations. I have magazine covers and annual reports to my credits as well. Frankly, there's little I don't feel comfortable photographing, and will deliver a carefully yet creatively composed image.

I am also very open to any opportunities in other fields that require an intelligent, hard working and personable individual that will be very dependable and enhance your business. I'm anxious to be able to afford race entries again.....

I'm currently located between Madison, WI and Chicago, but am very willing to re-locate or travel for opportunities.

Thanks, and contact me with any and all opportunities you'd like to discuss.

Gary

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Last edited by: ggeiger: Oct 28, 10 20:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a motivated asp.net developer (c#, jquery, scientific application programming) and sql server dba (quantitative analysis/statistics, data processing, imports, reporting services) who can hang in a fast paced environment for contract work. If you are in the Boulder/Denver area, PM me for details.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Novo Nordisk is hiring nationwide for Sales Representatives positions, all of these new hires have to come from outside of the company. I think they are hiring around 200 people, the jobs are posted here: http://www.novonordisk-us.com/...e/document/index.asp

Hope this helps...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.linkedin.com/...eGroup?displayCreate=

You must be a LinkedIn member, which is free. Anyone could set this up, but I would think you or Dan would want to "own" the group, control the use of the name, trademark, logo, etc.

I suggest you select "Request to Join: Users must request to join this group and be approved by a manager." That means you or someone else must take the time to manage the group.

LinkedIn is another way for people to network. I have never seen any junk mail, or nigerian type letters related to LinkedIn; like other social networking sites, the user can control what information and access is public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this, Jordan.

I'm an entry level mechanical engineer, hard working. Currently located in Bend, OR, willing to relocate. I'm an EIT, and LEED Green Associate. Ideally looking to get my foot in the door in the building science, HVAC, or energy fields. I can learn any software required.

I'd also be interested in opportunities outside of the fields I mentioned earlier.

If you'd like my resume, send me a PM with your email address.

~Alex

---------------------------------------------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~Gandalf
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey...you keep your hands off my Nigerian money! I've already sent the guy like $500 to get the millions I am entitled to, but I haven't seen $hit!

That said, I (fortunately) am not out of work, but I do work in the aerospace (general aviation manufacturer) industry, and our market is so volatile right now that I want all of you that have a job right now to PM me with your bank account information and I'll sell you an airplane, thus ensuring my continued employment. Just think...with your own airplane, you don't have to pay extra fees to check your bags. I'm sure we can work out some kind of roof top rack from Yakima for your bikes!

On a more serious note, this is just AWESOME that someone like Jordan would keep everyone else's thoughts at the forefront of his.

Cheers!
Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [TrisREffingHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I've been doing actuarial work for pension plans and retiree medical plans for the past ten years for a consulting firm based out of San Francisco (but I live in El Dorado Hills, about 100 miles away, near Sacramento, CA). I've also have done real estate sales to pay for Triathlon and to get some social interaction because I work solo via VPN.

I'd really like to do something new. As of current I'm consideirng law school or a program in financial planning. My back ground is in math from berkeley but I'm mostly a tech visual basic, excel, and sql/access go to man. In any case it would be nice to still use those skills sets, but I'm willing to learn anything technical in nature and, or work in a team enviroment.

For those of you don't know what actuarial work looks like for a pension plan. Basically we get data and forecast the amount of money that's going to be paid out over a 100 years. The pay and work is stready but looking at death rates can be tiresome.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Link to my resume
Quote Reply
Re: STers Looking For Work & Who've Posted in the Jobs Forum, POST HERE [txtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Seattle I have a friend who is connected in the outdoor and sports industry here. She said it is contracting quite a bit so think about keeping an open mind about what industry you look at.

Just wanted to share that. I've changed my focus as a result, jobs in those areas are few and far between.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like the chance to speak with you if you are looking for someone experienced in production, warehouse, lift operations, expediting and/or shipping positions in the Dallas area that are accessible by DART. I have experience in all fields both on the floor and in management. I am also very flexible and trainable in any entry level positions not listed. I can be reached either by PM or my email customerjon@gmail.com.

Talk to the real Jonathan Beckham not the forum monkey Mr. Tibbs.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We are looking for a web-savvy graphic designer for some freelance work, with the hope of developing a long term association. PM me with a couple of samples of your work and your rates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We *might* be looking to add a contractor with sports and tourism PR/social media experience. Location isn't critical (our agency is virtual) but the right personality and work ethic are essential. PM me for details.
-Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Software Quality Assurance position open in the Denver Tech Center. If you are qualified and have 3+ years experience in Software QA send me a PM if interested.

In Reply To:
Would also entertain applications from iPhone/Android developers, but you better be REALLY f'ing good.

Do you already have a webservice for accessing forum content, creating threads and replies? Similar or RSS for the news feed?
The current forum is usable on a mobile device but certainly could be much better.

Quote Reply

Prev Next