Founded 11 years ago in the Western suburbs of Chicago, the MMTT triathlon team has revolutionized the sport of Youth triathlon in the United States. MMTT developed a team and structure that has provided the blueprint for the creation of other programs across the country. The accomplishments of MMTT are unheralded in the sport of Youth / Junior triathlon:
· Seven team national championships
· Three individual world champions
· Over 20 individual national champions
· Several athletes currently racing at the highest levels as professional triathletes
MMTT is looking for a talented individual to expand and build upon our history of excellence in the Youth and Junior Elite levels. As Head Coach, your primary role is to be a team leader who motivates, teaches, and pushes our athletes to achieve their goals and prepare the athletes to be successful in the sport of triathlon and life.
The successful candidate will be a creative coach who can implement and build on our program that develops our triathletes into elite national level competitors. The Team goal is to win national championships and earn spots and podium at Youth Olympic, Pan American Cups and the World Championships. The candidate must be able to nurture, motivate and guide these young athletes to reach their full potential in the sport.
The ideal candidate will have elite level sporting experience – preference will be given to those who have experience in triathlon’s three disciplines: swimming, biking or running. The position is based in the western suburbs of Chicago and requires the coach to be present for the team practices from the November through August timeframe.
The Head Coach will report to the Team Director and the Team Board of Directors. The Head Coach, together with the Team Director, will oversee program scheduling, workout design and periodization.
· Operate a year round training program for the team, includes approximately 4 days in the offseason to 6 days per week during the summer
· Workout times include evenings during the off season and early mornings and evenings during the summer
The exceptional candidate for this position will:
· Possess and demonstrate a passion for the sport of triathlon
· Enjoy nurturing and leading Youth and Junior Athletes (age 12-19)
· Have demonstrated leadership in managing, motivating and growing a team/program
· Have prior coaching/instructional experience at the age group, collegiate, or professional level or higher
· Relate well to people, be accountable, and well organized
· Possess or be prepared to apply for current CPR and First Aid certifications
· Desire to work in a fun, supportive environment with other multisport professionals
The Head Coach is expected to run the majority of all weekly workouts and to schedule regular coverage for all other workouts. The Coach is also expected to develop team-wide competitive priorities in order to develop a periodized training plan that aligns with the team’s ultimate goals.
This position maintains a fixed salary with the potential for incremental incentives based on team growth and success. For the ideal candidate, this position will be supplemental income to an existing job. For example, a teacher position would work well as it would allow the candidate to train the athletes during the evenings during the school year and also work with the athletes full time in the summer months.
Interested parties should contact John (email: email@example.com, phone 847-909-3200)