Flex is launching an exciting new consumer product. The first venture is a genius solution to a medical mystery invented by a Nobel Prize winning neuroscientist. This breakthrough product will help athletes improve, maximize their performance and achieve their goals. The company is founded on the belief that the right group of dynamic, nimble, hardworking and talented people can make the impossible happen. We believe that knowledge is power and that problems can be solved with intelligence, determination and a healthy sense of humor. We’re looking for sports geeks, pop culture junkies, and alphas with an attitude that can work well with others. If you’re motivated to be part of start up with a broader social purpose read on.
FIELD MARKETING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Field Marketing Manager is a self-starter who has an insatiable thirst to know all things about their geographic market area, and the scenes that we are trying to infiltrate. They should be intrigued by science, relentlessly curious, a natural born relationship builder, meticulously organized and constantly looking for ways to connect ideas and people together. Because this product is a scientific breakthrough, this individual should be able to distill complex scientific terms in a manner that can speak to a diverse audience that includes Athletes, Coaches, Trainers, Race Directors, and Specialty Retailers.
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES:
- Identify and solidify partnerships with Brand-Building Retailers to open up distribution opportunities.
- Cultivate and develop a plan to target the influential science and tent pole events that impact the local market
- Drive awareness, education and trial in market via strategic sampling and seeding
- Identify Influencers to help identify, educate and connect “Alpha Humans” with our brand
- Maintain strong relationships with key market influencers so we are entrenched into these communities organically
- Embody an entrepreneurial spirit by constantly serving up grassroots ideas, insights, and projects to support the brand’s overall marketing strategy
- Drive Community locally by becoming an advocate for the Company in local/regional Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Monitor local/regional trends and serve up insights across target scenes
- Maintain detailed contact records and communication data in an organized fashion
- Minimum 4 years grassroots marketing, ideally lifestyle brand experience, with 1-2 years management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience dealing directly with broad range of relevant industry vendors
- Solid understanding of sports culture and digital/social media
- Respect for science
- Exceptional communication skills, including presenting and training abilities
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Demonstrates documented immersion in Social Media
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Travel within market area as needed. Out of market 10-15% of the time