Luckett & Farley Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Electrical Engineer or Senior Electrical Designer to join our large and well established MEP Department.
Director of MEP Engineering
Background and Experience:
First-hand experience in the design of all aspects of facility electrical systems appropriate for both new construction and renovation of a variety of building types. The ideal candidate’s experience will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Experience in developing power distribution and load calculations.
- Experience in lighting design and light level calculations.
- Experience in systems design, including but not limited to fire alarm, communications, grounding, access control and security.
- Successfully working directly with Owners, User Groups, Vendors, Suppliers, Manufacturer Representatives, Code Authorities, as well as, co-workers such as architects, civil and mechanical engineers, project managers, administrative staff and others to provide high quality, well coordinated and technically proficient electrical engineering design solutions for a variety of project assignments.
- Actively participate in project meetings during design and construction activities to represent the Company. It is possible that some of these meetings may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out of town project locations.
- The preparation of graphic and written construction documents, including preparing the appropriate written (or edited) specification sections for typing by in-house administrative support staff and the use of AutoCAD (primarily) to prepare design drawings.
- Demonstrated track record of designing the most appropriate electrical systems within the client’s budget and time limitations coupled with the ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplined team environment on multiple projects, sometimes with competing deadline or milestone requirements.
- Lead or self direct site visits to evaluate various facility types during assessment of the existing electrical infrastructure and/or performing similar field survey work in advance of the preparation of appropriate project design and construction phasing solutions.
Skills and Abilities:
· AutoCAD proficiency. Microstation and REVIT experience will be considered a plus.
· Exhibits “self starter” characteristics coupled with a track record of completing scheduled project deliverables on time and on budget.
· Ability to properly assess and then take appropriate action to identify and solve problems during design or in the field during construction.
· Exhibiting a high sense of personal motivation and urgency.
· Other activities not specified here, that may become necessary as the Company, position or the marketplace evolves with the changing business environment.
Ideal Education, Registrations and Experience:
· Preferred 3 to 10 years of professional experience.
· Bachelor of Engineering from a ABET accredited institution or equivalent professional experience.
· For Electrical Engineers, professional registration in KY preferred and NCEES will be considered a plus.
· For Senior Electrical Designers, Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) completion will be considered a plus.
· LEED accredited professional a plus
· RCCD designation a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Luckett & Farley is committed to providing an environment, culture and reward structure that is highly competitive in the marketplace. The successful candidate will enjoy a strong compensation package that is commensurate to the quality of deliverables.
· Benefits include health insurance, group life insurance, short and long term disability, flex time, matching 401-k, ESOP, FSA, Dental and a generous PTO program.
· Luckett & Farley is a PSMJ “Circle of Excellence” firm and has been named “Top 30 Places to Work in Kentucky” by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce. This firm is a high performance, professional environment where we work hard and play hard too. We mix fun, family and fellowship into our culture.
For immediate consideration please contact:
Ericka Holbert, Talent Scout
Luckett & Farley Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers, Inc
Telephone: (502) 585-4181 extension 322
Post directly to our website at www.luckett-farley.com
Luckett & Farley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
g:\general\jerdonek\job description mechanical engineer.doc