Trisports.com, the leading online and retail triathlon shop in the world, is currently looking for a motivated career-seeking candidate to join and lead our IT/Application Development Team. This job is heavily database driven, yet there will be opportunities to work with a multitude of different departments in order to develop both in-house and web-based applications.
TriSports.com is based in sunny Tucson, AZ and currently employs over 50 people and occupies a 32,000 sq. ft. facility. Among the company’s many accolades, TriSports.com was selected as Outside Magazine’s Best Places to work for the last two years. Our employees believe strongly in healthy living and a healthy environment. We support those beliefs and offer a green work environment including the use of natural lighting, an extensive commuter program, and a culture-engrained, fun workplace, all while supporting our core values.
More general details and contact information can be found here:
Design, code, document, debug and support web-based software for internal use in an e-commerce business. Perform advanced SQL database queries, maintenance and design to manage internal company data. Maintain all systems, hardware, software networks, servers and data in conjunction with a third party provider. Provide technical leadership in procuring new software, hardware and tools in support of future business goals.
- Designing, coding, debugging, documenting and supporting efficient and effective computer applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements for internal use and applications on a website.
- Procure all company computer hardware and software and maintain an inventory.
- Interface with and manage all vendor relationships and third party providers of needed services and contracts for renewal.
- Maintain all systems and networks and individual work stations in conjunction with a third party when necessary.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, server and backup issues that arise.
- Automate the creation of custom reports and database updates for in-house staff upon request.
- Perform advanced SQL database queries and maintenance upon requests from staff.
- Rapidly learn the business rules of the company to support applications, to be able to contribute across functional departments in meetings and serve as a back-end support to internal staff.
- Determine future hardware, software and or tools needed and make recommendations.
- Recommend and implement system and infrastructure changes to increase system stability, performance, and scalability.
- Perform project management for in-house projects and development efforts; provide what is needed (requirements, design and process flows).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field, OR six years consecutive programming experience.
Required Experience of 3+ years
- Proficient in advanced SQL development
- Development experience with a relational database
- Computer programming experience (in at least 2 currently available languages)
- Experience in a controlled development environment
- Experience maintaining source code under subversion (or similar code repository) and using object-oriented design
- Experience using PHP in a web environment (generating web pages)
- Experience with MySQL database, including creating schemas, (Database Admin Functions), running complex queries and updating databases using PHP
- Extensive HTML Experience (creating web sites)
- Excellent computer tools experience using MS Excel, MS Word, Web Browsers, Text Editors
- Ability to create Technical documentation from the requirements
- Generalist Windows SysAdmin/Network Admin with specific Microsoft XP expertise
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills and technical leadership
- Strong internal customer interface skills
- Analytical, resourceful, and highly organized
- Flexible and friendly approach to working within a small company environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with the following technologies/environments: J2EE, SOAP, ASP, JSP, Scripting languages, ColdFusion, Apache, UNIX and/or Windows Web Development, RDBMS (Oracle, MS Access)
- Experience using Foxpro databases.
- Experience in integrating third party components (e.g.; Telerik Controls)
- Experience in working and delivering small and large projects within a team using the Scrum methodology
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Exchange (general maintenance, upgrades, analysis and administration and implement, maintain, monitor, and protect all messaging systems), including blackberry enterprise server
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server
- Understands how security is implemented at the user level, at the computer level, at the server level and at the whole picture level, and that in many cases needs to be well beyond default levels
TriSports.com - Owner