Become a PRODUCT MANAGER – Cycling Clothing in the clothing division at GARNEAU and participate in enriching brand recognition while propelling your career to the forefront of the pack!
Under the supervision of the Clothing Products Director, and in collaboration with the Clothing Designer, the Product Manager determines, creates and ensures the development of new products as well as existing products that are under his or her responsibility (cycling and triathlon clothing), from products selection up to the approval of a compliant product. It is his or her responsibility to deliver a drawing to a finished product to be commercialized.
More specifically, you will have to:
· Study market trends, competitors and the competition (benchmarking), including target prices, and disclose this information to the Product Selection Committee;
· Stay abreast of new technologies (technological watch) and new trends that can improve and maximize the development of new products;
· Participate in the selection of new products to determine the line of products to be developed, working in collaboration with the members of the Product Selection Committee;
· Collaborate in the creation of styles and ensure the technical development of new products, participating in fitting sessions making sure standards are met (functionality, quality, aesthetics);
· Ensure that each style’s profitability and price targets are attained;
· Disclose the required information (drawings and technical specifications approved by the Committee) to the Pattern Department or to subcontractors, while respecting the product development calendars;
· Propose and obtain approval of modifications (products, components and prices) being developed up to the final approval process;
· Supply products, drawings or photos and characteristics of products under his or her responsibility that are required for the production of catalogs;
· Collaborate in the merchandising strategy with the Marketing Department;
· Prepare and deliver presentations at the biannual sales meetings;
· Test or ensure third-party testing of products, collect and analyze user comments;
· Establish and maintain an excellent collaboration and leadership with other development team members such as Product Managers, Designers, Patternmakers, Raw Materials Purchasers, Quality Control, and Internal Production teams as well as with external suppliers;
· Perform other duties as requested by his immediate superior.
· You hold a college or university degree related to product line development, marketing, administration, design or related field?
· You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Manager or related to the development of lines of products?
· You have knowledge of raw materials and technical fabrics related to cycling (an asset)?
· You are bilingual, English and French?
· You are willing to travel abroad?
· You possess excellent leadership skills and great team work abilities?
· You appreciate performing in a changing and multitasking environment?
· You have great written and verbal communication skills in order to demonstrate a strong leadership during sales and supplier meetings?
· You are meticulous, well-organized and capable of working in a competitive and demanding context?
You are THE person we need …
What does Garneau have to offer?
· Strong values that speak to you: fun, respect, innovation, team spirit and continuation
· Employee discounts on Garneau products
· VIP sales exclusively for employees
· Unlimited access to the on-site gym
· Pilates, Zumba and Spinning classes
· Lunch-time group rides (Lunch rides)
· Health and wellness program
· Company volunteering activities
· Career advancement opportunities
· Two-week corporate vacation in July and one week during the Holidays
· Access to an Employee Assistance Program
· Free parking
· Referral program
· A dynamic and stimulating career with daily challenges
And even more…
· Competitive salary
· Daytime schedule, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
· 12 days of statutory holidays
· Personal and sick leaves
· Annual performance evaluations
Interested in joining our team? Apply now!
Work Location: Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Quebec City Suburb