Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sliding forward
Quote | Reply
I have been fitted for my trek speed concept and I recently got a new saddle but don't have the funds to go get another fit so I have tried bringing the saddle to the approximately the same measurements that I had after my fitting. But wen I ride, just as before, the big deal is not me sliding forward in my saddle, but continuing to find myself sliding forward on my aerobars. Any ideas to help me stop this? I was thinking of sliding the pads and distance of the bars back so my shoulder/elbow measurement may be slightly under 90'. I current ride a little over and like the long feel. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward [azfamilyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if this bike has a bontrager aerobar, you can just move the extensions forward in the clamp, which will move the pads forward by default. it's like putting a longer stem on your bike, with this exception: the pursuit position won't move. that's what i'd recommend, until your shoulder angle is appropriate (basically, perpendicular to your torso).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the pitch of the aerobars? As with saddle pitch, if they are pointed down even a touch, gravity could be exerting it's ugly forces on you. I've found that a slight upward angle of the extensions to give the forearm about a 5 degree positive rise helps to relax the upper body and "lock" your arms in place.
If it's not gravity and you are sliding forward because you want more space up front, then Dan's solution is the way to go.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info guys. I put a slight pitch up in the bars and I custom bent them to bring them up like ski tips to relax my wrists more too. I will try bringing them a little more up on the angle to see f it will help relax me some more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bent them yourself? Nice. I should get you to bend a curtain rod I need to fit in a bay window!
Glad we could help.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply