Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I fit a P5 today... (for fitters)
Quote | Reply
...and wow. HUGE pain to adjust. In order to raise or lower the cockpit, all derailleurs and brakes must be completely de-cabled. The brakes are hydraulic, so those need to be cut. If you're not versed on bleeding brakes, get there.

If you have clients that are purchasing a P5, don't finish the build (or call the selling shop and advise not to finish the build) until the fit is done. You'll need to completely re-cable both the derailleurs and hydraulic brakes after the fit. I think I'll add a $75 surcharge on this bike. Today's client paid an extra $100 of his own accord--4hrs for a Retul fit because we did so much cutting and mechanic work. Any others out there like this?

That said, the bike is beautiful. Cervelo did a nice job on this one. Unless you're the fitter.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: I fit a P5 today... (for fitters) [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working on Tri bikes on a frequent basis. I do recommend the same procedure on the Trek Speed Concept. They come with different stem setups and spacer stack setup. Cutting the housing after the fit is done saves a lot of time and headache
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Much more fun to fit without cables installed.

==========
Adam Baskin
Clinical Exercise Physiologist, USA Cycling Level 1(Elite) Coach
RETUL, FIST and Serotta Certified Bike Fitter
Named as one of the top fitters in the country by Triathlete Magazine!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because of the modular nature of the P5, its pretty key to have measurements first. I would encourage someone looking for a P5 to get a full fit first on their existing bike or on a Muve Cycle. The internal routing is a pain, and the hydraulic hoses are even less forgiving to re-cut and bleed than just trimming/ replacing cable housing.

That said, if they've got a bike already I think doing fits on the P5 should have an asterisk next to the price because its bound to take more time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Provide the fit data from a fit bike. Bike adjustments as you describe are what mechanics are for.
Quote Reply